Got Bling? Black Side Panels

Got questions? We got answers....
T-Roy
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Got Bling? Black Side Panels

Post by T-Roy »

Since it is still technically winter, I guess I'm allowed to ask bling questions, such as "I wonder if UFO or any of the other plastic manufacturers would consider a run of black KDX side panels?".

I wonder what their minimum number of units would be? Heck, how hard would it be to change the color and kick out a few dozen?

I would like to have some freakin black side panels. Screw the engine mods, the suspension mods, I just want the bling...

As the ad goes, I dont ride, I just bling! Or was that the other way around... :shock:

OR

Maybe a group of us KDXers could convince them to sell us a decent sized order and we could sell them retail... I would be willing to bet that we could sell a couple of hundred units no problem. We would have them exclusively and could charge $10 more per unit than the white or green ones. We could take the proceeds from the sales and buy extra sets for ourselves... :partyman: Whose in with me?

Okay, I promise not to waster server space again this winter. :butthead:
2001 KDX 200
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I just bought new green ones... to go with my green theme! I don't need no stinkin' black! :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
T-Roy
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by T-Roy »

And it looks darn good too! :prayer:
2001 KDX 200
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I'm waitin' to unleash it on ya when it's done... more bling factor! :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
wsjkawasaki
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by wsjkawasaki »

black would be cool!! i am still looking for a set of new white ones...does ufo still sell them in white and if so could someone point me in that direction!! i have pretty much looked all over the internet and havent seen any white ones just green. :neutral:
shane j.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

wsjkawasaki, what is wrong with your current pink ones?

Thanks.

EDIT: Well, I thought I had caught him online. Oh well.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

The new Krylon paint for plastic (relatively new)..called...uh....dang...I fergot works pretty darn good. Infusion or some such. Available at wally's.

Don't use Brakleen to clean 'em after you paint 'em! Well...or any other nasty stuff. I painted mine white after I priced the oem replacements (something like $60/per). Worked fine.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Mark me down as one who could not remember the name eiher. Hooray for the internet.

"Krylon® Fusion is the world's first no-prep superbond paint for plastic. This revolutionary product makes life simple, again. With no sanding or priming, this product dries in 15 minutes or less. Fusion bonds easily to plastic, PVC, hard vinyl, resin and more creating a durable, professional-looking finish that won't chip, peel or fade."
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
T-Roy
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by T-Roy »

Fellas, I just picked up a pair of white sidepanels for $20 shipped. I will be giving a full report on ye ole Krylon Fusion.

I'm a bad man... :cool:
2001 KDX 200
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Doug painted his radiator shrouds with Krylon Fusion white. It has held up to several rides so far and these were greeen shrouds too.

BTW look forward to a "New" skipro3 KDX in the gallery. I changed back from an all black KDX to green. I have some great graphics I made for the side panels. Makes the bike's lines look much smoother and cleaner.

Also, that black is hard to keep looking good. All scratchs show up and within a few weeks it looks like flat black and not gloss. The gloss is cool but the flat black looks real "stealth" like so that's cool tool
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Is there a Krylon Fusion that approximates the Kawi Green?
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
wanaride
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by wanaride »

Thanks for the tip on the plastic paint, I might try that for the side panels too...
I love someone with autism!

2006 KTM 250XCW
2003 KDX200
2006 CRF70
2006 KTM 50 Mini Adventure
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I got new pics in my Gallery of the green side panels if anyone wants to take a gander at 'em. I really like 'em and the fit was perfect!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****