black plastics?

Got questions? We got answers....
alistair

black plastics?

Post by alistair »

i dont want black plastics BUT i guess someone on here would and i saw a sherco that had raditor shroulds and a headlight that looked very similar to our kdx's,

search "sherco citycorp 125" on google images, and you can see what i mean.

i did notice that the head light was mounted on rubber staps, and that the actully glass light was mounted diffrenly when i saw it in person.
06 kdx 200 - mine
06 kdx 200 - dads

my gallery http://kdxrider.net/forums/modules.php? ... _album.php
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Dang Dude!!

That looks just like a KDX! The seat, tank, plastics.... they all LOOK like they would fit. I wonder if that Sherco is like I've seen done with hand guns; someone buys the old tooling and dies, sends them to South America, blue prints them, and then starts to market the same brand-name gun under their own name. The Taurus is like that. I think they buy the Smith and Wesson dies and make their own guns. I've bought several that way and they are very high quality. But back to the bike; if the parts are interchangeable that would be very informative.

Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Can someone post up a KDX photo at the same angle this Sherco is at for comparison?

Notice that it has radiator shrouds but no radiator? It's air cooled.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

I've ridden a few Shercos now.... Woah! Their 5.1 is one awesome machine. I thought about buying my friends 4.5i when he got his new 5.1. In fact I think it's still for sale...

haha, didn't notice that about the radiators. That's kind of funny!
alistair

Post by alistair »

and a yamaha motor.
06 kdx 200 - mine
06 kdx 200 - dads

my gallery http://kdxrider.net/forums/modules.php? ... _album.php
maicocpa

Post by maicocpa »

alistair wrote:and a yamaha motor.
Numberplates are late '90s YZ.
2006 KDX 200, Bunch o' Maicos, Bunch o' kids' bikes
Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

My dad says the made great trials bike when he used to race. Obvisouly thats where they are putting all thier r&d:
I am the Night Rider! I’m a fuel injected suicide machine! I am a rocker, I am a roller, I am the out-of-controller
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Cool kickstand
Jerry

2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

I like the brake rotors on that thing - TINY!
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

>|QBB<[/url]
Ondatrail wrote:My dad says the made great trials bike when he used to race. Obvisouly thats where they are putting all thier r&d:
Uhh not quite. You never seen there true enduro race bikes?

Best 4-stroke enduro bike I've ever ridden. First and only bike I've ever ridden with EFI too! I thought about buying a 4.5 (450cc) but for some reason went with a CRF450R. Don't really know why... :rolleyes:

BTW: I got to finally ride a trials bike last weekend. 2006 GasGas 300Pro. OMG those are cool! Wheelies are a sinch and you can follow the edge of a manhole cover without a problem. Quiet too, no qualms riding it in the street. I want one! :supz: :partyman:
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

>|<>QBB<
thebleakness wrote:>|<>QBB<
Ondatrail wrote:My dad says the made great trials bike when he used to race. Obvisouly thats where they are putting all thier r&d:
Uhh not quite. You never seen there true enduro race bikes?

Best 4-stroke enduro bike I've ever ridden. First and only bike I've ever ridden with EFI too! I thought about buying a 4.5 (450cc) but for some reason went with a CRF450R. Don't really know why... :rolleyes:

BTW: I got to finally ride a trials bike last weekend. 2006 GasGas 300Pro. OMG those are cool! Wheelies are a sinch and you can follow the edge of a manhole cover without a problem. Quiet too, no qualms riding it in the street. I want one! :supz: :partyman:
You bought a CRF450R becuase it was cheap. You paid 3K, right? There isn't much in the way of clean $3K 450's around here.

One question bleak - how many bikes have you ridden? I swear not one brand of bike can be discussed on here without you chiming in saying that your buddy just picked one up or something. It's INSANE!!! :mrgreen:
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

I dunno, quite a few I guess? The friend I'm talking about with the Sherco here is Tim Hilsamer (thillsam on TT). Most of my friends ride KTMs, 250SXs, 450s (EXCs, SX), 250EXCs etc. A few of my friends ride CRF250s, another rides a YZ250, yet another one had/has an RM250 (nice bike, I almost bought it). I work at a Husky dealer, I get rides on those occasionally. A buddy of mine has a Husaberg (had another one switch to KTMs). Ironically the least time I've spent on any brand of bike (other than my KDX) are Kawis. I don't ride with anyone on a regular basis that owns one. I still bleed green though... :lol:

Now that I think of it, I'm trying to remember all the bikes I've ridden...
KDX (2 of them, mine and AzRicks)
CRF450Rs (Mine, a friends, and one the shop I work at owned)
250exc
250SX (2004, 2007)
200exc (almost bought that one)
Husaberg FE501
Sherco 5.1
YZ125
125SX
RM250
CRF250 (coupla)
450SX (woah, awesome awesome awesome bike)
YZ250
CR250
KX250F
XR80 (yeah baby! I've got one in the side yard)
RM80 (first bike I ever rode)
Yamaha XT250
Husqvarna
-TE610 (didn't ride it much)
-SM450
-TE450
-TE250
300EXC
KLX110
KTM 950 Adventure
GasGas 200 (raced one in Laughlin)
GasGas 300pro Trials bike
KTM 620SX (toast as we called it, actually quite abit of riding on this thing. SCARY! to say the least)

I've ridden some street bikes as well, Honda SV650, BMWs, silly little mopeds of various sorts. Well that's all I can think of! I didn't realize I had tried that many before, not bad considering I've only been riding less than 1 year. :supz: Granted some o those I don't all that much experience riding them but I've thrown my leg over them and burnt some gas! :partyman:

I really want to try a new KLX450. Supposedly there are a few guys here in town that have them (saw one today infact) and they look awesome. I also haven't ridden a KX450F, really want to try one of those as well...
Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

>|<>QBB<
thebleakness wrote:>|<>QBB<
Uhh not quite. You never seen there true enduro race bikes? [/quote]
Yea but their their only 2t's are 2 trials and little 50's :cry: . If you want to stay with a 2t I guess its the kdx, ktm's or gas gas
I am the Night Rider! I’m a fuel injected suicide machine! I am a rocker, I am a roller, I am the out-of-controller
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

Bleak, tell me what you thought of the 2007 250SX. They look ENTICING!
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

Loved it, best 250 2T I've ridden. Weighs somewhere around 200lbs and tons of power. My friend recently re-valved the front end and re-sprung the rear (for woods riding) and since then I haven't tried it. But before with the stock motox suspension it had a very nice planted feel and the bike loved to turn. I love the looks of them as well (yes yes, a pumpkin can look nice! ). Another friend is taking out his 2008 250EXC (or whatever they are now called) on it's maiden ride today, I really want to ride that one!
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

I rode a 2007 CRF450R last week. Thing was pretty sweet. I prefer my RM to it, IMO all of that torque isn't needed in the woods. The 450 wouls be sick at the track though!
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

Honestly, I like my 04 over the 07 I rode. Seat was softer, suspension was nicer (not nearly as stiff) and the power was more manageable. I have an FMF Powerbomb and Q2 and the power comes on early and keeps on going. You think the 07 you rode was torquy? Mine's even more so but nice and smooth.

I can add 2 more bikes to that list. I just got back from riding a 1984 CB650 Nighthawk and a 1986 Cagiva 750 Elefant. God those things are sweet! Both are for sale and both I'm contemplating going in with my dad and buying. I'm really looking at the CB though, $300 for it and it's in fairly good condition. I got the Elefant up too 75mph in a very short stretch of road and it was extremely smooth. Too bad he wants 1k for it...