Extra Capacity Tank 1990-2001

Got questions? We got answers....
JoeR

Extra Capacity Tank 1990-2001

Post by JoeR »

A buddy of just picked up a 1990 KDX for parts. He's putting the engine in a KX125. It has an extra capacity tank on it, although I can't tell what brand it is. I've got a leaky filler neck on my 2001 and would like to buy the tank if it'd fit mine. Does anyhone happen to know if a fuel tank will exchange between his 1990 and my 2001. I tried checking a couple of the sites that sell these tanks but neither of them list a tank for the early KDXs, so I can't tell if the part numbers are the same. Any help appreciated.
Joe
'01 KDX200
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

No....will not fit.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
JoeR

Post by JoeR »

UUGH! Oh Well.
Thanks for the quick reply.
Joe
'01 KDX200
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

If your tank is leaky because of a crack at the filler neck, that's a known problem to Ma Kaw and your dealer will be able to replace the tank for free. Mine did. There's info over on the other site I posted a couple years ago about that. Just an FYI.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!