Front forks???

Got questions? We got answers....
1995KDX200mcs

Front forks???

Post by 1995KDX200mcs »

Everyone always talks about the usd fork swap. Why does everyone use mx forks from KX's Would the KLX300 forks not work on the kdx. They seem like they would be an easier swap. I have never got into engine mods or suspension mods before on bikes or atv's. I've only tried bolt on stuff. Haven't had the balls to mess with something like custom usd suspension.
Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

It's worth it as many will tell you here. After feeling my friends RM 250 I'm going to get them :please: as soon as I can.
I am the Night Rider! I’m a fuel injected suicide machine! I am a rocker, I am a roller, I am the out-of-controller
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

The KLX300 forks are USD forks, but are not top of the line technology. Everything on it is dated; much less dated than your stock forks, but still dated.

MX forks are more suited for going really fast, and once revalved for the type of riding you do, can offer a plush initial feeling with much more bottoming resistance. Hunt ebat for a set!
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

>|<>QBB<
Ondatrail wrote:It's worth it as many will tell you here. After feeling my friends RM 250 I'm going to get them :please: as soon as I can.
Yes, my forks are sweet. A little stiff for most woods riding, but it's less noticeable when you're really goin fast :supz:

Hey ondatrail how about the smith miller ebay truck? Pretty sweet eh? :mrgreen:
Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

>|<>QBB<[quote="2001kdx Hey ondatrail how about the smith miller ebay truck? Pretty sweet eh? :mrgreen:[/quote]
Yea man you guys are getting more green then the kdx is. I shoulda just sold my "beater set" of pressed steel trucks :mrgreen: instead of the rt
I am the Night Rider! I’m a fuel injected suicide machine! I am a rocker, I am a roller, I am the out-of-controller