New Reed Valve In. Carb and Head Mods by R&B Advice.

Got questions? We got answers....
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

New Reed Valve In. Carb and Head Mods by R&B Advice.

Post by jafo »

I'm glad you guys sent me in the direction of that v-force reed valve! Wow what a difference! I had to jet it up alittle but not much. It hits very hard in all gears now, not that it did'nt before, but I have to be careful on the throttle now or she will flip on a hard throttle crack. I'll get the head redone sometime and the piston too. So what difference will the piston make? Thinking about doing the carb mods and the head mods from that R&B guy. What kind of turn around does he have?

Jon.
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

The guy (Ron) is fast. I told him to take it easy on mine because I can't ride yet anyway - I figured he might have some high priority jobs to do ahead of mine. I sent it ground on a Monday, and he had it done on Friday. He's in Oregon and I'm in Colorado, so shipping took quite a while. I wish I had sent my head to him as well, I hear that makes quite a difference for high altitude. Give him all the info about your mods and riding environment, and he'll get pretty close on the jetting. He's a great guy to deal with. Oh, the piston I don't think makes any difference except for reliability (on a 220).

Good Luck,
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

The piston won't make any difference in power. One thing you can do to tame your machine midrange is to change the needle. To tame the midrange hit I personally would go from a CEK to a CEL because that is what I have. This is also what I do if I will be on the on the slippery snotty stuff all day (or ice). Needles are great tuning aids in the midrange. Also, find the second sweet spot. You may not need to diddle with anything once you find this as the overall power delivery is smoother from very low all the way through mid range.
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

Thats the thing, it does pull good from low thru ther midrange, where it did'nt really have that power before. Basicaly, it's upped the power thru the whole rpm band and hit's very hard on top, guess it's called the "Power band". It hit's harder from a launch and the power band is where it's most noticable, but I can feel the power increase in the midrange too. Best way I can describe it is that it seems like the reed valve has rounded everything off well. Between the pipe air filter and jet change. Guess I'm saying is there's a very nitcable difference in performance gain and it's not bad, it's good.

I'll look into the needle to see if that will make a difference, I have to order everything for this carb. Can you believe that my own Kawasaki dealer has to order parts for this carb? I could'nt believe they did'nt even have jets on hand. One dealer told me that everyone was swaping thier kiehin carbs for mikuni's so they did'nt stock very much for the kiehin carbs.

Jon.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Jon,
Go to SUDCO's site to order your carb parts... about 70% less than your dealer.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
89kdx200rdr
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by 89kdx200rdr »

if you were pleased with the vforce 3 wait until you get the rb carb mod. if you can swing it just buy an air stryker from him and have him mod it instead of your oem carb
1989 KDX 200
2003 KX 250
2006 KX 250F