Got questions? We got answers....
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

**edit**

And in this post, BBCode is enabled.

Page 1: A posting primer
myksluv wrote:I thought this was about motorcycles. Not about the color of my hair.......

Please refer to the subject of the thread?
The Vince-owned php product wrote:Post subject: Dumb Blonde Joke

You can't expect anything BUT grief with a subject line like that.

Re: 'Fixed it for 'ya.'

Ha! It must be true...it's a quote!
She wrote:I WANT TO LEARN!

Ask any question you have..most riders on this site are informed and helpful. Some sorts of questions don't get a lot of play: 'My bike sounds funny. Please help!'

FFR, affix your bike info to your profile or put a link in your sig to a post entry here:

http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=103

If you don't do that, please DO reference the particulars in the thread you ask the question. Some examples:

--If you ask a jetting question, say what your current jetting setup is.

--Probably don't ask 'stupid' questions like...'What's the best oil to use?' Or...What's the best tire?'

Everyone runs 'the best' oil...everyone runs 'the best tires'. And if you don't run what THEY do...you're an idiot. At least..that's what the responses will sound like. 'What!!!??? YOU're not runing XYZ oil? It burns spotless, gets me 50BHP (brake horse power), smells like a flower garden, and shows NO smoke at all!!

Some of the signatures in posts in this thread will give you an idea how to post links. An example of that:

CLICK THIS!

That syntax will show up in your post ONLY as 'CLICK THIS' in bold. When you hover your mouse pointer over the words, they indicate themselves to be a link..when you click on the words..you go TO the link (the above as example).

BTW...the reason it doesn't look like that in THIS post is I disabled BBCode..so none of the [] stuff works.

Oh....and please ALWAYS give model/year of your bike. The 'E' series is different in a lot of ways from the 'H' series..the 200 is not the same bike at all as the 220 (enginewise).

Cheers!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

too much fun here
"If I were just two inches taller, I wouldn't be me." ~KDX Butterfly
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

>|<>QBB<
myksluv wrote:too much fun here
:hmm:
It wasn't too much fun writing all that junk..........

There was no intent to demean, joke or talk down to.

It's difficult to get a realistic idea of what some folks know..and others don't. A statement the likes of, 'My bike makes a funny noise, please help!' is a clue. Other times it's not so plain. I once spent weeks sorting out a rider's air screw adjustment problems. Nothing he did had the intended or desired effect.

Come to find out, the color of his air screw (he thought) was BLACK...and made of nylon.

Gee. I wonder why 'it' didn't work.....

If the basics and foundation of your question are known, it will help get to the point of the matter much more quickly..and if you post to an extent that YOU become a known factor..that will help get to that same point.

You won't likely find a KDXRider asking Idaho Charley if he knows the difference between the air screw and idle stop. We know he does.

You might find someone asking Colorado Mike what flavor of vodka is in his fish tank this week...but such a question involves familiarity with history...or...maybe personal experience with a 10-step program?

Some forums are pretty haughty..'they' think they're 'all that'. But then, you have to have pride in SOMEthing (misplaced as it may well be) when you ride a squash. Folks here aren't like that. And most of them appreciate the KDX for what it is...a perfectly capable woods machine.

How did this thread get so directionless.....maybe something to do with it being a dumb blonde joke..........

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!