pivot pegs?

Got questions? We got answers....
alistair

pivot pegs?

Post by alistair »

hey the soles have worn out on my boots within a year, and i was wondering do pivot pegs reduce boot wear?

and can you even get them for/on a kdx?

thanks
06 kdx 200 - mine
06 kdx 200 - dads

my gallery http://kdxrider.net/forums/modules.php? ... _album.php
maicocpa

Post by maicocpa »

Maybe your problem is the boots, not the pegs. Just sayin'....
2006 KDX 200, Bunch o' Maicos, Bunch o' kids' bikes
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

My pivot pegs on the KTM have not noticably increased or decreased the wear to the boot soles.

The ridges on the pegs are about the same as the stock pegs on a KDX. It may lead to more localized wearing (IMO) just because your foot can rest in the same location on the pegs for longer periods of time. e.g. less necessitiy of relocating/moving feet for shifts and braking.
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
alistair

Post by alistair »

i got tech 6's,and they were the ONLY boots i could get in size 16.
its only worn out in two spots on the shifter side,as i hardly move my feet around anyway

maybe thats my problem..
06 kdx 200 - mine
06 kdx 200 - dads

alistair

Post by alistair »

i spoke to my local shop today about boot wear and pegs and he surgested that the roc stompa pegs he has would be better, as they have a bigger surface area...
what do you guys think about that? (theres only $10 diff between either peg)
06 kdx 200 - mine
06 kdx 200 - dads

radonc73
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by radonc73 »

If they fit what is $10 over time? A larger peg would definately help with size 16(!!!!)s I am sure, but does it change the distance b/w the pegs and the shifter/brake lever? You probably have a hard time now and if they make that distance any smaller you will notice it for sure.
Riding is living everything else, is just waiting.
Master of the casual pace
83 KDX 200
93 KDX 250
84 YTM 225 DX 3-WHEELER
alistair

Post by alistair »

>|<>QBB<
radonc73 wrote:If they fit what is $10 over time? A larger peg would definately help with size 16(!!!!)s I am sure, but does it change the distance b/w the pegs and the shifter/brake lever? You probably have a hard time now and if they make that distance any smaller you will notice it for sure.
i never thought about that aspect,, i asked him if he can find out if you can even get them for my bike, so ill see what happens.
06 kdx 200 - mine
06 kdx 200 - dads

crazybrit

Post by crazybrit »

Does anyone run Pivot Pegz on their KDX. If so, why did you install them and how do you like them?

I was riding this weekend on the KDX and I still find it difficult to maintain a good standing position on the gas. The stock pegs are good when I'm seated but standing, I really wish my feet could be a little angled forward when in the attack position.

On my KTM I don't find I have this problem quite so much, possibly it's because the KDX always wants to kick my weight back and pull the arms out of my sockets, I find myself always fighting to keep my weight forward.
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

I have the same problem with standing on the KDX, mostly on the brake side.
If I set my brake where it is in a good position while seated it is way too low while standing.

That seat just sucks me in. I have a spare seat and I am going to try a taller seat foam on it
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
crazybrit

Post by crazybrit »

>|<>QBB<
KarlP wrote:I have the same problem with standing on the KDX, mostly on the brake side.
If I set my brake where it is in a good position while seated it is way too low while standing.
Yeah, "me too" :) I have my foot in the right place on the peg when seated (for brake) and it's totally in the wrong place when standing, so I have to move it which since I'm usually on the pegs for a reason, tends to unbalance me.
That seat just sucks me in. I have a spare seat and I am going to try a taller seat foam on it
Hmmn. Hadn't considered that.

Tony
AZRickD

Post by AZRickD »

I rode a GasGas250 last weekend in Houston with P-Pegs (the owner didn't tell me they were installed until mid-way through the ride).

Amazing what 15 degrees of pivot can do for riding comfort. I rode around in this agressive over-the-bar riding position and the pegs felt huge. I will strongly consider them.

Rick
I done KX-ed QuailChaser's KDX220R
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Do the pegs come with a GasGas 250 attached? :hmm:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
crazybrit

Post by crazybrit »

>|<>QBB<
AZRickD wrote: Amazing what 15 degrees of pivot can do for riding comfort. I rode around in this agressive over-the-bar riding position and the pegs felt huge.
How did you find the spring action? As far as I know, the PivotPegs spring retract back to neutral when you remove weight and the PowerPegz don't (stay in the pivoted position). I don't see either listing them for the KDX, wonder if the KX ones would fit.
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

I installed some '01 KX250 pegs on my KDX. Not by design but to my advantage (as I see it), the "fit" of these pegs works out such that the pegs sweep back a little and mount back a tad as well. The effect is that there's more room between the peg and the shift lever and it's worked out pretty well.

Probably the only one with pegs that look like this, goofy in a way but functional . . .

"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
AZRickD

Post by AZRickD »

How did you find the spring action? As far as I know, the PivotPegs spring retract back to neutral when you remove.
Seemed fine. They retraced as per normal. If I could be assured that they would hold up to Arizona rocks, it would be an instant sale for me.

Rick
I done KX-ed QuailChaser's KDX220R
crazybrit

Post by crazybrit »

Doesn't appear to be any fitment offered for the KDX from either PivotPegs or PowerPegz :cry: Closest listed on either website is the 1997->2007 KX125.

According to the Kawasaki fiche, the KDX pegs were also used on the KX125 but only through the 1996 model year.

PowerPegz already told my dealer, "no dice" and he's waiting to hear back from PivotPegz.

http://www.pivotpegz.net/fitment.html
https://www.powerpegz.com/order_retail.cfm

Anyone made a set work on the KDX and if so, which part#
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

>|QBB<[/url]
Jeb wrote:I installed some '01 KX250 pegs on my KDX. Not by design but to my advantage (as I see it), the "fit" of these pegs works out such that the pegs sweep back a little and mount back a tad as well. The effect is that there's more room between the peg and the shift lever and it's worked out pretty well.

Probably the only one with pegs that look like this, goofy in a way but functional . . .

:shock:
crazybrit

Post by crazybrit »

>|<>QBB<
Jeb wrote:I installed some '01 KX250 pegs on my KDX. Not by design but to my advantage (as I see it), the "fit" of these pegs works out such that the pegs sweep back a little and mount back a tad as well. The effect is that there's more room between the peg and the shift lever and it's worked out pretty well.

Jeb, do you have a side view? I ask as PivotPegz and PowerPegz are available for the 1997-2007 KX 125-250 but I'm not sure I like the swept back design enough to drop $130.00 for the pivot version of same.
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

RM250 don't need any better pegs :)
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

>|<>QBB<
2001kdx wrote:RM250 don't need any better pegs :)
You think so? Had I bought my friends RM250 I think I would have changed to different pegs immediately.... Everything else was nice but I thought they felt very strange.