kdx 200

Got questions? We got answers....
staxbrix

kdx 200

Post by staxbrix »

this guy is selling one localy for 450...

Im about 5'7 200 lbs, looking for something simple, cheap, with enough kick for when I need it.
Is this a good fit for me?

whats the top speed?

And is this a good deal?

It says the carb is new, fresh upper end, new titanium bars, and did chain.
I havent found to many places selling parts for it,

Theres another kdx available for $600 with a extra engine and tranny. Maybe thats a better deal? There both b.o and I can talk them down a little, So is this a deal or a disastor?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Give us the year of these bikes....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
staxbrix

Post by staxbrix »

both 86's sorry, I tried talking the 450 guy down but he didnt budge much.

I can pick up a 82 or 83 400/450cc kdx for parts its only 100 bucks, the tires look usesable but other then that I dont think many of the parts are switchable with the 86.

I could try fixing the parts bike too it needs a shift lever, front brakes, chain, carb probrally needs to be cleaned from sitting, and maybe spark plugs. But the frame, seat, exuast, all look good. The engine could be seized or tranny problems but I wouldnt know till I stripped it down.

So what do you reccomend?
radonc73
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by radonc73 »

If you can kick it over the motor isn't seized. I an sure that you could e-bay either for parts or sell the 400 for parts to recover some of your costs if the seat looks good you might find someone. I don'tr know if anyone on this site has a KDX 400 but I am sure there are some hunting e-bay for parts.

Welcome to the site it is great.
Riding is living everything else, is just waiting.
Master of the casual pace
83 KDX 200
93 KDX 250
84 YTM 225 DX 3-WHEELER
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Personally, I would look for a 89 and up. Parts can be found relatively easy for these. The old air cooled models can be very hard if not impossible to find certain parts for.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

'89 up is my vote.

An '82? Wouldn't waste the time or the money.

A 25 year old dirtbike is most likely going to be a basket case.

Heck...a five year old dirtbike can be that.

That you ask about top speed is a kind'a a problem. Whatever 'top speed' is has NOTHING to do with anything dirtbike. Power delivery, suspension..that matters.

Top speed doesn't mean a darn thing. OK...if you're a desert racer it does. Otherwise, just ASKING a seller what the top speed is says you don't know what you're looking for or why.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!