** Please help ** Shock settings question...

Got questions? We got answers....
KDXer
Supporting Member

** Please help ** Shock settings question...

Post by KDXer »

Just want to get an over all idea of how everyone has there shock set. Post up your weight and rebound/compression clickers and any mods (revalve, heavier spring, etc).

Weight: 180lb with gear
R= 11
C= 9
stock spring/valving

I am experimenting heavily to try and get the bike to feel natural as it just feels wrong at the moment. I have finally had a real good chance to put it through its paces over the last few weeks and I'm not very impressed to say the least. It understeers, it oversteers, it flat out doesn't steer, it doesn't track straight, the front and rear go seperate ways when trying to go straight through mud, my hands cramp solid after about 30mins of riding, the front end deflects bad considering I have a WER, etc, etc... It just doesn't feel right. To put it into perspective I am quicker on an XR250L than my bike at the moment around my test tracks.... by alot.... :oops:

I am going to be taking my shock in for a service and revalve to begin with. I would be very grateful if you guys could post any valving/shim stack info to help get the shock sorted.

I appreciate any info, tips or suggestions you may have.

Thanks... Trev...

PLEASE REPLY HERE
>>>> http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopi ... 5615#45615 <<<<

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."