two identical bikes different sized little end hole

Got questions? We got answers....
steve baker

two identical bikes different sized little end hole

Post by steve baker »

hey guys i blew up my kdx 250 recently so i went and bought another. this bike is exactly the same except it is oil injected. i bought this other bike as i discovered cracks in the engine port holes. i got this other barrel and got it honed. all was good and ready to go back together, new rings, new circlips, new base gasket, new head gasket, etc. it went to put the little end bearing in the little end of the conrod. but it wouldnt fit, i dicovered that the two bike had different sized little end holes. i couldnt believe it, the are bothe the same same year. the only two diifferences that wouldnt matter much is that one is oil injected and one is not and also one is made in march 1991 and the other is made in november 1991. please help me out a bit
[/b]
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

That's going to make a difference on the wristpin and piston too probably!

You should mic the con rod hole and match up the bearing. The US never had a injected motor so I have never had to deal with one but you better make sure you get the right parts of you maiden voyage may be the last.

I know you should mix the fuel yourself though and do not trust the injection.... many Yamaha Enduro's failed her in the states once they had some age on them....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
steve baker

Post by steve baker »

yeh the piston pin and piston size hole are different but also i dont ride the oil injected one thats a piece of .... so i started taking parts off it for my good bike which isnt oil injected. also i do mix my fuel myself.