yamalube for kdx

Got questions? We got answers....
NM_KDX200

Post by NM_KDX200 »

1) what ratio do you run Amsoil in that 85? I'm thinking of using it in my KX125.

2) I've also been thinking of running their 4-stroke oil in the YZ450F (highly recommended over on ThumperTalk). If I were to order a case and then immediately sell the YZ450 (that's the way it always goes, right?) is there any reason I couldn't use the oil in my Grizzly 660 ATV?
1999 KDX 200
2001 KDX 220
2002 RM 134
2004 KX 125
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

>|<>QBB<
NM_KDX200 wrote:1) what ratio do you run Amsoil in that 85? I'm thinking of using it in my KX125. . .
Actually, it's an RM65 and not an 85. And believe it or not, we premix for his bike at 28:1.

It turns out that these little high-revvin' bikes have oil migration problems so there's plenty of failures that suggest the 28:1 ratio. We do so despite Amsoil claim that the oil is good for 50:1, although some run at 40:1 and even 50:1, even for the 65s.

Can't loose running that KX with 32:1 premix. But I'm old school and I run the Interceptor at 32:1 in my KDX even though it would seem many run at 40:1. A personal thing I guess, something I've not let go of from way back when.

I'm going to be swapping out the head on my KDX in a few weeks and I'll take some snaps of the results running the Amsoil Interceptor all spring/summer.
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Cool! :supz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

More oil=more power....Just have to jet right :supz:
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
GS

Post by GS »

Doesn't it seem that most KDX heads look spic 'n span coming off, so do shiny combustion chambers really tell us much?..... not that I'm aware of.

I run Yamaha oil 'bout 38:1 and mine was clean as a whistle after many years (it's a 99 220 that had never been apart) I'd be quite concerned IF it was coated and looking for some reason for 'that'.

Feel free to educate me! :wink:
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Got pics of that head... and better yet.... the KIPS?
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
GS

Post by GS »

Doesn't it seem that most, if not all KDX heads look spic 'n span coming off?

If so, does a shiny combustion chambers really tell us much?

Personally, I run Yamalube at about 38:1 and mine was clean as a whistle after many years (it's a 99 220 that had never been apart)

I'd have been quite concerned IF it was 'gooped' and looking for some reason.

Feel free to educate me! :wink:
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

The KIPS is the issue.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****