So what do I do with this thing now???

Got questions? We got answers....
Wazowski

Post by Wazowski »

>|QBB<[/url]
MXOldtimer wrote:MXOldtimer described something he did to his but the picture links are bad so I can't see what he did. Something about mounting it in the foam on the handle bar brace. Maybe he'll repost them for me.

Thanx CC
I don't leave my Pic's posted very long.

I mounted my TT to a thin piece on metal then zip-tied it to the cross bar. Then whittled out my pad on put it over the TT. Not the neatest job but it works.

You can kinda see what it looks like.

Image[/quote]

Hey! Thanx for getting those pics back to me man!

It looks good too...easy to see (for us older guys) but it looks like you might have a higher rise bar with more clearance for all the extra mass around the bar. Is that the stock handle bar?

I like this idea. Do I have your permission to maybe improve upon it? I don't know what that would be but I like the way it blends in with your setup.

When you say thin piece of metal is that like thin enough to conform to the radius of the bar brace? The stock odo mount mine is attached to right now is rigid and as large as the TT itself.

I guess I'll have to pull mine apart to see what it will take to mount it to something else that can be bent to wrap around the bar brace.

Forgive me if I seem obtuse. It's not intentional, just a genetic defect!

Waz
"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads!" - Emmet Brown
MXOldtimer

Post by MXOldtimer »

Improve all you want. We can always make things better. :bravo:

There are 2 small screws on the back of the TT. I used those 2 small screws to mount to a ???? 5-6" long piece of plumbers tape.
This'll probably not come out sounding right. Once you drill and mount to the plumbers tape remove the TT then take an old handlebar and concave the entire length of the tape around the crossbar tapping with a hammer, it's easy to do since plumbers tape is soft metal and bends easily.

Remount the TT to the plumbers tape and use silly cone to help the screws stay put. I even put a bead of silly cone the entire length of the plumbers tape to help with shock and to keep it in place. Then I used the zip-ties to hold the plumbers tape to the crossbar.

Put your whittled out foam and cover on. I also used a couple extra zip-ties just to keep everything tight as you can see in the photo.
04 KX-250 Hey.....at least it's green and smokes.
06 KDX-200 for off road play. Gone but not forgotten
07 KX-250F SOLD! I thump no more.
Wazowski

Post by Wazowski »

>|<>QBB<
MXOldtimer wrote:Improve all you want. We can always make things better. :bravo:

There are 2 small screws on the back of the TT. I used those 2 small screws to mount to a ???? 5-6" long piece of plumbers tape.
This'll probably not come out sounding right. Once you drill and mount to the plumbers tape remove the TT then take an old handlebar and concave the entire length of the tape around the crossbar tapping with a hammer, it's easy to do since plumbers tape is soft metal and bends easily.

Remount the TT to the plumbers tape and use silly cone to help the screws stay put. I even put a bead of silly cone the entire length of the plumbers tape to help with shock and to keep it in place. Then I used the zip-ties to hold the plumbers tape to the crossbar.

Put your whittled out foam and cover on. I also used a couple extra zip-ties just to keep everything tight as you can see in the photo.
Wow...now I see what you mean. How can you improve upon that?

Yeah, plummers tape is good and soft and can be peened around the cross bar easy! Good thinking...I may give this a try! Thanx!
xagentman

Post by xagentman »

Yeah, what is that little metal piece for.... i have wondered that too....
==05 KDX220R==
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

we've aready had a post about that piece awhile back.
If I remember correctly it was.... to have us speculate a lot about what it's for and why... :lol:
Wazowski

Post by Wazowski »

>|<>QBB<
scheckaet wrote:we've aready had a post about that piece awhile back.
If I remember correctly it was.... to have us speculate a lot about what it's for and why... :lol:
I noticed the same little bar on the pics of the new guys 90 KDX200.
HERE http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4618

Been around a long time but it is further under the number plate. Maybe it was a mount for the number plate years ago and they just never change their frame jig to eliminate it.

Who knows...[/url]