Do you match the Tail Tech to the bike or the forks?

Got questions? We got answers....
RTSinDallas

Do you match the Tail Tech to the bike or the forks?

Post by RTSinDallas »

If you swap forks and front wheel, what do you match the Trail Tech to, the bike or the forks?

Thanks
RT
2000 KDX 200
1993 XR600R
1992 WXC 360
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

I assume your looking for which particular unit to put on your bike. What Trail tech unit are you looking to install? Endurance, Vapor? I used the same unit for the KX that I used on the KDX for the Endurance unit. RickD put a Vapor computer on his KDX with KX forks and wheel. Not sure whick machine specific unit he used.

Trail Tech is a top notch company with great customer support. Give them a call, they will be more than happy to work to find the right set up for your machine.
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
MXOldtimer

Post by MXOldtimer »

"EDIT" I understand now.

I had the Endurance on my KDX.
When I did my fork swap I reused the KDX caliper which already had the sensor mounted & brake rotor so everything worked fine.

RTSinDallas

Post by RTSinDallas »

I'm looking at an endurance model, unless the vapor is the way to go. Do the units consist of the the head unit and a wheel sensor, only? Or, do they have a connection to the CDI or flywheel? What makes it model specific? It sound like , with the endurance, you would need to match the front end, not the motor. But, the vapor needs a way to read the revs.
2000 KDX 200
1993 XR600R
1992 WXC 360
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

I reused my Endurance on my KX front end after the change, but the magnetic volt supplied for the original KDX rotor won't fit the KX one. Luckily they supplied a stick on magnet with the original mount kit. I epoxied that in place, and it works fine, but I'd rather have the correct volt.

If you are ordering the stuff from scratch, I would order it based on which brake rotor you are using.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
MXOldtimer

Post by MXOldtimer »

>|<>QBB<
Colorado Mike wrote:I reused my Endurance on my KX front end after the change, but the magnetic volt supplied for the original KDX rotor won't fit the KX one. Luckily they supplied a stick on magnet with the original mount kit. I epoxied that in place, and it works fine, but I'd rather have the correct volt.

If you are ordering the stuff from scratch, I would order it based on which brake rotor you are using.
Oops! That's true I forgot, I had to order another magnetic rotor bolt since the KDX has a larger bolt and wouldn't fit the KX hub.

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

It's not a bolt... it's a volt! Right CM! :mrgreen:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

eggsackly.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
RTSinDallas

Post by RTSinDallas »

Alright, If I understand correctly, you need to match the front brake rotor bolt size, with the Endurance kit.
It looks like, on the Trail Tech website, that the Vapor has a lot more sensors that could be bike specific. And it would be easier to get the kit for a KDX, and just order the correct rotor bolt sensor for the wheel you use. I am leaning towards the Vapor, for the added functions.
Now, to confuse matters further, I read on another forum, that Trail Tech has a new (after vapor) computer coming out. Does anyone know if this is true?
2000 KDX 200
1993 XR600R
1992 WXC 360