Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Yep...try not to laugh!
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
crf_kdx

Post by crf_kdx »

Yup . . . three &^%^%$% times this spring alone (two bike spills and a car accident). I now know the local ER doctors. :-( I sometimes wonder at 48 if I'm too old for this game! Avoid laughing, coughing and especially sneezing!!

How did you ding your rib??
"There are two kinds of adventurers: those who go truly hoping to find adventure and those who go secretly hoping they won't."
~ William Trogdon

2002 Honda Shadow ACE 750
2005 KDX 200 (mine)
2006 CRF 250X (son's)

2004 TTR 125LE (for sale)

KORHS Series: Senior C
FRYSPEED

Post by FRYSPEED »

Broke 3 ribs and right collar bone 3years ago and this past sunday came off and broke left collar bone!!!!
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

I have a BUllet Proof Vest...Sounds like you need one....

OOH, AHHH, OOHHH, AHHHH, OUCH!!!!!!!!

Feel better
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

I caught the right barkbuster on a vine briefly. When it came loose, I went left smack into a tree.
All at about 9 miles an hour, not very spectacular. I've no idea what it would have been like WITHOUT my chest protector on, but it would not have been pretty.

A couple of years ago I got tangled up in stuff on a hillside and tipped over and a little sapling stub got me right under the right tit. I still got a knot there :lol:
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
kawagumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kawagumby »

Twice, once another guy's helmet to my chest....head-on collision....had a chest protector on too....

The other was just a front end wash out, caught the end of the handlebars real good....
Then I "had" to immediately go on a pre-planned motor home vacation with the wife, couldn't ever find a position to sleep comfortably. A sneeze was nearly "lights out". I'll never forget that vacation. Yuk.

Oh yeah, good times, good times. :sad:

edit:
the only way I could handle the pain was to keep my torso wrapped tightly, I used a kidney belt up high.
Last edited by kawagumby on 10:54 pm Jun 21 2007, edited 2 times in total.
1994 KDX200, Beta 200rr, yz125, yz250, kx100 modded for adult, gasgas contact 250.
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

So Karl..Are you a "A" or "B" Cup now :lol: :oops:
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

I am recovering from 3 cracks in 2 ribs and a fractured wrist. Everytime I felt a sneeze coming on I would basically punch myself in the nose to stop the sneeze, it is THAT painful. If you are going to sneeze I found it best to try and brace the ribs and hunch over in a seated position. It really helped ease the pain it causes. The worst part of it all is trying to have a decent scrub but atleast I have someone to give me sponge baths. :razz: :mrgreen: Mine took about 6 weeks to get to a point where sneezing no longer reduced me to tears. Good luck, I hope you heal quickly and fully. :partyman:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
crf_kdx

Post by crf_kdx »

Seems like I stumbled across an internet poll (read: hardly scientific, but still interesting) a while back that suggested somewhere between 40% to 60% (too old, too stupid to recall the precise percentage) of off-road riders had broken at least one bone riding.
"There are two kinds of adventurers: those who go truly hoping to find adventure and those who go secretly hoping they won't."
~ William Trogdon

2005 KDX 200 (mine)
2006 CRF 250X (son's)

KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

>|<>QBB<
crf_kdx wrote:Seems like I stumbled across an internet poll (read: hardly scientific, but still interesting) a while back that suggested somewhere between 40% to 60% (too old, too stupid to recall the precise percentage) of off-road riders had broken at least one bone riding.
I'm at around 15 to date since 2000... :roll: :blink: :wah:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
crf_kdx

Post by crf_kdx »

Zounds - 15 broken bones since 2000?!!? Got milk??!!?? :-)
~ William Trogdon

2005 KDX 200 (mine)
2006 CRF 250X (son's)

scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

:shock: 15 broken bones??? :blink:
you're either a really aggressive rider pushing your limits or...a really bad rider :lol: :lol: :lol: (or very unlucky :roll: )
hope the recovery is going well Trev
FRYSPEED

Post by FRYSPEED »

Why is it the older Iam getting when Icome off I find the only hard bits to land on!!!!! :rolleyes:
MXOldtimer

Post by MXOldtimer »

UGHHHHHHHHHHH Ribs!

Couple years ago I tried to move a whoop at a AX with my body.
Whoop won body lost. Broke/cracked about 5 ribs in the front, then again around back on the same ribs.

Lost the race, broke myself, the bike, and the wife had ZERO sympathy for me. :mad:

Broke other bones but, I hate ribs the worst. Who knew a person inhaled, coughed, yawned, cleared your throat, sneezed, twisted, moved, stretched, flinched, so damn much. A leg, arm, hand, you can just dope up and forget it's there but ribs,,,,,, you have to BREATH!

KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

>|<>QBB<
scheckaet wrote::shock: 15 broken bones??? :blink:
you're either a really aggressive rider pushing your limits or...a really bad rider :lol: :lol: :lol: (or very unlucky :roll: )
hope the recovery is going well Trev
You forgot option 'All of the above'. :lol:

I did 6 in my left foot back in 2000 in one go (hit a hidden rock in long grass and 'relocated' all my toes 45° to my foot), 2 in my right foot in 01, both wrists last year (3 more), 3 cracks in 2 different ribs and left wrist (another 1) again recently.

I know what the problem is really, I HATE milk, cheese, yogurt, ice cream, butter and basically any other calcium rich dairy food. :doh:

Thanks for the kind wishes, I am 95% ready to ride again. :supz:

I forgot the worst thing that happend to me when my rib injury was fresh and suprisingly no one else has mentioned it.

DO NOT GET THE HICCUPS !!! Totally insane pain. :shock: Oh and who'da knew not being able to have a decent stretch for 6 weeks would make your back ache like Tysons used it for a punching bag. :sad: I woulda traded almost anything for a good 10 second painfree stretch. Hope you have access to some good pain killers it should help some, I'm allergic to Codeine. :evil:

Wazowski

Post by Wazowski »

I guess...I mean I think I may have.

Sounds to me like if you ever really did break a rib...

YOU'D KNOW IT!

Here's the scene...first time out alone on your new used KDX. Had been riding around all day trying to get the feel for this new sport cuz up until then you'd been riding trails on an antique Honda Scrambler and this machine is nothing like that old kidney buster...it even has front brakes...more on that later...

Anyway I'm buzzing around the "pummy pit" which is an area below our cabin with hill climbs, jumps, big berm turns (now that the quads have taken over) etc. Feeling pretty confident (red alert!) I pop up on top of one of those berms and grab a big ol' handful of front brake so I can stop on top of the berm and...you guessed it...bike stopped, i kept going.

Now the KDX is doing exactly 0 MPH and I am going down the backside of this 6 foot berm (alone) off the top of a 3 foot tall KDX plus 6 feet to the bottom of the berm is...9 feet only to stop flat on my face and chest! I didn't get the wind knocked out of me but my right side rib cage was hurting pretty good. It took me a few minutes to gather myself up.

For many days after that I was really sore..couldn't bend over without pain, tie my shoes etc. but I was never really sure if I broke a rib or only just bruised my rib cage but I can tell you this...

I feel your pain!

I'm much more careful with that front brake too.

Waz
"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads!" - Emmet Brown
MaD_SheF

Post by MaD_SheF »

well the only thing ive ever broken was the most important thing of all...

my back yes i crushed a vertibrae in my spine 3 years ago lol when i was 12 i think
"I didnt quit riding becuase I got old, I got old becuase I quit riding." Best quote I have ever heard haha.
Bama Mean&Green

Post by Bama Mean&Green »

Hmmm.

Now this thread is speaking my language.
(btw 1st post = forgot password/name when joined a while back when i bought my KDX.... NICE FORUM btw! :grin: )

BUT..........

8-9 weeks and counting = 3 ribs PLUS!! (knee ect ect ect ect). A little blooooood from internal ALSO wAs discharged after a PAIN ful "Cough, cough" :kick: on day 3 after the fact.

Shorty story:

I was TRYING to race a CR500 multiple trophy winner/rider AND @ 45-50 MPH in HIS territory,
WELL
i had him ( i thought!?!).... UNTIL the front end washed out (as it seems is common on this thing.... as i continue to read the internet), AND it happened coming into in a turn REEEEEL HOT to OVERtake ........over the handle bars i went .. bike laid behind me and about 25ft from where it came to rest.....i hit a TREE about 1.5" in diameter dead center with my rib cage in mid FLIGHT ( NO CHEST PROTECTOR!)... well.. I BROKE the TREE IN TOOOOOO about 4.5 ft off the ground WITH MY RIBS!!(SNAPPED IT! like TOOTH PICK as a FACT!)... = KNOCKED THE F OUT!!! with no wind to breatheeee , AND ALL went WHITE! (dont know how long i was "out" either 'cause the CR was running from me like i had a gun and he didnt know i had fallen, so it took him about 10- 20 min to find me he said )
ANNNNND...> HELP IVE FALLEN AND CANT GET UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! (lmfao!!)..

Got up finally and then looked for Roy Jones to be standing close or something.. Just what a lick!!?.. After about 45 min of recovery of breath rode the rest of the day like a BANshee...( i had to get out of the woods .. right?). The next day and for weeks on end AND still to this day.. i havent been right BUT well IT FUN AND RECREATION ..right?? (lmfao!). Ive got Permament right rib pain IMHO that will be a fixture to go with the rest of my injury stricken body. (right ankle for instance 9 times Broken w/ the first time being on the Elsinore yrs ago. Evil Knev has got me beat Still BUT that son of his Robby still has some catching up to do (lol) )

BTW THIS was the Most violent feeling ive witnessed OR FELT since flipping a car end over end AND side to side over 20 yrs ago. OUCH!!! And this "Moto PHYCHO lick" IS something i dont want to feel AGAIN... It was absolutely CRAAAAAZZZY!

SOOOOOO..... Where the heck and what is the BEST chest protector for rib coverage PLEEEEEEAse??? ((that is comfortable and not a arm and leg)
I ve been looking @ the new Moose for instance online . (After the VIOLENCE ive been wearing a Borrowed Acerbis btw)

( ALSO btw im an old CR Elisinore "crosser" rider from waaaaaay back and came up on the GREEN machines before that as a kid. I bought this KDX as a CHRISTmas present for myself after well over a decade of being off ANY bike and riding the SAME CR 500 i was TRYING to Beat for just one day around the holidays. PLUS my favorite color IS GREEEEEN!
I found out IM OLD (lol) But STILL an extreme-ist beyond belief (hOW do you even Spell SlooooW??? OR TAME)... ahhh I GUESS IS the moral of this story of violence.
One thing is for Sure im impresed with this GREEN BANSHEE and it only took less than 10 min of riding it to say... SOLD! Heck i figured this thing would be a good medium to fufill the addiction and be safe for a mid life crisis. Hmmmm.. BUT the safe part NOW im not to sure of (lmao)
Just what a bike none the less !! Ive never had a 2 stroke that acted like this thing.= Its like Sybil and has 2 faces to me (a crawler and a tweeeeeker ALL in one!).

RIDERS UP!!!

AND

2 strokes for LIFE!!
(those new 4 stokers Are for Wussies IMO and if it dont sound like a Chainsaw.... it aint SHHHHH!!! :mrgreen:
:supz:

;................ AND OH...

Yeah... i AM An addict and thanks for letting Me Share! :mrgreen:
2000 Kdx 200