What do you all think?

Got questions? We got answers....
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

What do you all think?

Post by Ryan »

Is $1750 a good price for a 2001 kdx220? I had an offer for that much but i am not sure what to do. He needs me to deliver it to him, it is about 4hr round trip. So all and all with the ad cost i will make around $1600. Bike has had everything mechanical replaced (all bearings in wheels, swingarm, fork bushings, seals, rear shock rebuilt, front forks all rebuilt, weisco top end, new rotors, brake pads, chain, sprockets, levers, bark busters, and fork guards) in the last 40 miles except for the bottom end. It comes with fmf setup, e line pipe guard, hand guards, frame guards, and kx forks.
Extras include, spare front brake setup, stock silencer, pipe, chain lube, filter oil, 2 stroke oil, and 2 sets of springs for forks (one is for higher weight), moose engine guard and bike stand(adjustable height).

Basically if i decide to do this, im going to sell it to him on friday. I was thinking maybe, i should put it on ebay for 2 days and see if i cant get more, or is this a bad idea?

and trust me, if i could keep my bike i would, but my dad, well lets say he really doesnt want me driving his truck to work anymore, so i need a car.
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

Just jack up the price way up and tell your dad nobody wants to buy it! :lol:
More seriously, sounds like a good deal...if you're the buyer.
But if you really HAVE to sell it I guess it's not that bad.
Good luck
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

Ride a Bicycle to work...KEEP THE KDX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

I'd say it's worth somewhere just below >2000 dollars in our area.
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

nope, sorry dont have the Rb carb. Trust me i thought of everything to try and keep it, even trying to ride to work... but my dad wont let me get my cycle license. Anyway, do you think it would be smart to put on the ebay or should i take $1750 and run?
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Proly take the money... but make him come and get it... that's BS.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

Where is the 4hr round trip going? Tell him this, either he comes and getys it, or it goes on ebay! That's what ebayers do, they come get their bikes.
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

well, he doesnt have a truck. When he called he thought i was in green County , which is where he lives. But i live in Greenfield 2 hours north. So that is why he needs me to deliver. I think i may stick it on ebay for like 2 days with my number and see who calls about the bike and if i dont get anyone then i will sell to him.
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

Where does he plan to ride it, if he has no way to transport it?

The bike is worth what ever someone will pay for it and what you are willing to let it go for. So, is $1750 good...? I'd still make him pick it up or pay for the delivery. Most places charge ~$50-$100 to crate a bike and then what ever the shipping co. charges for freight. Typically ~$150-$400.
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

ya, i stuck it on ebay with my number and told anyone who is interested to call. If no one calls by thursday i think i will sell it to him

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-Kaw ... 6767QQrdZ1
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

Your bike looks sharp Ryan. Good luck
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

You didn't even mention the KX frontend! :shock:

Also... might want to break it up a little with paragraphs.... :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

i tried, but for some reason they didnt work. I have sold many things on ebay before and this has never happened. I am going to try again and see what i can do it fix the ad.
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

ok, fixed it up a little bit. I think if no one buys this bike i may sell my bike to this guy and then buy his 94, or maybe he will give it to me for free!!!.... i doubt it though.
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

You should have listed it with a $2k reserve price and explain that buyer has to pick up or pay for shipping w/e. That way if someone really does want it they can bid on it and win it without having to go all the way through you first.

And am I understanding this right, that the only reason you're listing it on ebay is to find out what other would pay? You're not really trying to sell it to any of them? If you haven't told the guy you would sell it too him, I'd let someone else try and out pay him.

Other than that though, that is very nice! I remember that custom paint job on the front calipers, pretty trick right there. I think if you could get a reasonable 2ks for that bike.
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

well i have a buy it now for $1975 so we will see what happens. I have the rear caliper painted too but i forgot to add a pic. They came out really nice, and if i do eventually get another bike, i would paint those calipers too.

I will sell to someone if they use the buy it now, other than that, if no one calls by thursday night then i will sell the bike to the guy that is going to buy it. If it sells before friday i will just tell the guy i didnt want to drive 4 hours.

believe it or not, the guy that called me yesterday was the first to call me about the bike. I have it on about 5 websites right now, two of which are local and one runs a magazine. It has been in there for about a month and not one call. I used it to sell my car and am surprised only one person has called so far on the bike.
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
TWMOODY
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TWMOODY »

If I were driving 2 hrs each way I would make the guy come to your house and PAY YOU FIRST so you don't drive those two hours to get
there and have the guy try to jack you around....
Just my 2 cents
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

I'll give you $1850.00 for it if you deliver it to me here in Phoenix. I have a truck, so I could save you 2 hours and meet you in Flagstaff. Just hold onto it until the Monsoons come in August. That way the fire restrictions should be over and the Forest will be re-opened to motorized travel for the test ride.

Thanks. :wink:
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

Take up QC's offer Ryan!
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

>|<>QBB<
TWMOODY wrote:If I were driving 2 hrs each way I would make the guy come to your house and PAY YOU FIRST so you don't drive those two hours to get
there and have the guy try to jack you around....
Just my 2 cents
I second that

>|<>QBB<
quailchaser wrote:I'll give you $1850.00 for it if you deliver it to me here in Phoenix. I have a truck, so I could save you 2 hours and meet you in Flagstaff. Just hold onto it until the Monsoons come in August. That way the fire restrictions should be over and the Forest will be re-opened to motorized travel for the test ride.

Thanks. :wink:
or that