It's gone - '92 KDX200

Got questions? We got answers....
KanuckKDX

It's gone - '92 KDX200

Post by KanuckKDX »

I sold it last night to a terrific young man from Calgary who will show up here soon. I know you guys will take care of him. But I am moving on.

The KDX is gone, the XR4 is on the block and the pumkin is the newest ride - 2004 450 exc dual sport. Truthfully, I am not good enough to ride the KDX as fast as it needs and the XR4 is getting heavy to pick up and of course it's a beast to start after a fall. The strong young bucks start it pretty easily but my age has its downside.

The pumpkin has a magic button. That's the coolest invention in the world.

CC, Ski, morie, Inda (and even young Trev - he's pretty sharp for being so young) you guys have been amazing at saving me money, entertaining with your silliness (except CC who is never sarcastic) and making this bike fun to work on. I will surf here from time to time just for the fun of it.

My first bike was an '89 and then the '92. It was a little sad watching it drive away. Thanks for everything. It's been a blast. Ktmtalk is a tad more serious than this place. But you all know this is the best bike forum out there. Send Inda you annual donation today. There's a button at the bottom of the page.
Later.

Tedd
KanuckKDX
'01 YZ426F son's
'02 XR400 still for sale
'04 KTM 450exc it's all about the e-start
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Sound like a nice upgrade Tedd. Keep popping up from time to time and let us know what you like (and don't like) about your new set of wheels.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Rick
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rick »

How ironic. Me and my bud just picked up a 92 200 today. The legacy continues....... Best of luck. :wink:
Yes, they really do let me drive the Train!
1991 KDX 250 $Sold but not forgotten....
1996 Suzuki DR 350 $Sold!
2002 Honda CR 250 worth more than my house at this point........ :-)
2004 DR 650se Road Warrior
2002 DL1000 V-STROM
KDXer
Supporting Member

Re: It's gone - '92 KDX200

Post by KDXer »

Hey Tedd, thanks for the honourable mention. :partyman: I'm actually 30 so not real young, I just act like a 2 year old. :twisted: :mrgreen: I hope you enjoy your punkin and don't be a stranger buddy. Please do drop by and let us know how you and your new ride are getting along. Take care and be safe...

Cheers,
Trev... :partyman:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Good luck Tedd! :partyman:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

M0rie, do you watch Kim possible? That's weak bro! :lol:
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Just because you're a cheater on and an unfaithful to green furriner doesn't mean you can't check in once in awhile!!

:cry:

Sorry to see you go...

KTMTalk...poop! Seriousness is for sissies.

..like growin' old ain't!

Be sure to give us a write-up on your Anchorage-to-Prudhoe Bay ride you got planned for the orange thing!!

I mean...you're doin' something with it, right?

Cheers!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
KanuckKDX

Post by KanuckKDX »

>|<>QBB<
canyncarvr wrote:KTMTalk...poop! Seriousness is for sissies.

..like growin' old ain't!
I noticed they don't waste time with the kind of humour Inda either puts up with or encourages. I wonder if KTM riders are just a little snobby. It's kind of difficult to be snobby riding the best of 1989 technology on my KDX and 1998 technology on the XR. This site is still the best moderated anywhere.

Does Inda do it all or has he elevated some of you to VIP status???

But they also know about the "other website" where the best of them have also been banned. They won't name it like you guys do but it's kind of a badge of honour to be banned at some sites. Truthfully, I am little jealous of those of you who were irritating enough to get banned.

And sorry at missng giving credit to Missus Wibbens, or is that Mister? He's no CC but he has a pretty funny sarcastic streak, and his advice is spot-on.

As for Trev's age - I was just guessing based on the pics of your bride. I figured you mid-20's, young enough to be Wibb's kid.

See I am already surfing just for fun, and watching for the new guy from Calgary. I think he'll identify himself as the proud new owner of his first dirt bike ever. later.
KanuckKDX
'01 YZ426F son's
'02 XR400 still for sale
'04 KTM 450exc it's all about the e-start
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Inda does it all. Must be a labor of love, 'cuz last I looked he wasn't on the Fortune 500 list.

Snobby? Punkin riders? Of course they are! Most of them anyway. I've known decent riders that were still decent after they straddled a big squash..and dicks that were dicks before and (believe it or not) after they bought one those nazi fruits, too.

:hmm:

OK...maybe it's a nazi vegetable........

Part of it is the large $$s KTM charges, part of it is this mystique crap about being 'race ready'..which is mostly hogwash. Any bike made for the masses will require tweaking for ANY 'racer' or aggressive rider. One size just don't fit all. But...you can't be hi falutin' and ride a crummy KDX!! It's got to be the newest, the 'neatest', highly regarded (by the other snobbits ridding the same thing), and VERY expensive!

Of course...anything related to humor can't be had on such a distinguished forum!!! If most of 'em ON that site said/did anything they thought funny....a normal person probably wouldn't recognize it as being faintly related to humor anyway.

The former KDX rider wrote:I was just guessing based on the pics of your bride.
WooHOO! ...could have a LOT of fun with THAT one!! :grin:

FTR...What with all the talk about missus's, brides, who's old and stuff...there is NO truth to the rumour that KayD is married to Mrs. W.!!

Welcome back!!! :wink:

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!