Seating a new tire

Got questions? We got answers....
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

FLying W you are right that works quite well too.

The RM-1 is a cool race ready package. Not a shifter, but a 125cc 'sealed,' h2o cooled, elec start, single cyl. Rare in the fact that it has a powervalve. Little tiny centrifigul clutch so it'll idle while sitting, but basically direct drive. Great motor. I've been wanting to try one on the dirt ovals we race, but the liquid cooling is a pain. Not a shifter, but fast enough to scare the crap out of anyone, and will run w/ a 125cc MX-class shifter at most tracks. Basically same chassis as a 'shifter kart' though. I would love to run a rotax-max (spec class) kart like that, but the tire bill alone on pavement will eat you alive. I run an older rotax (rare) air cooled reed. Geared all out that RM-1 will do 120. We run upwards of 80-100 average speed depending on what track we're at. It's a blast throwing one into the corner on rock-hard smooth dirt w/ asphalt slicks bolted on! :supz: It's all you can do to hold one for a 20lap feature most of the time. The G's are completely insane.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
KanuckKDX

Post by KanuckKDX »

baby powder is less messy than any liquid and is cheap. I use it liberally and truthfully it does get all over everything but the bead seats well.
KanuckKDX
'01 YZ426F son's
'02 XR400 still for sale
'04 KTM 450exc it's all about the e-start