Sold my KDX now I want it back!

Got questions? We got answers....
MXOldtimer

Post by MXOldtimer »

>|<>QBB<
firffighter wrote:Hey, I found a closeout on '06 models at a local dealer for $3399. Think I will go in tomorrow and do some wheelin and dealin. What do you think about the price? Sounds pretty good to me for a new bike.

I wont name any names but, I hope it isn't at a shop on the other side of the Columbia river. They tried to hit me with almost a thousand dollars freight & setup, I didn't think it was very "pro" of them. Needless to say they never got any of my $'s.

SteveWR450f

Post by SteveWR450f »

I am going riding in Nestucca Trask area tomorrow -Saturday. If you get the new KDX, your welcome to come ride.

Lets us know about the price. Sounds like a great deal.

Steve
WR sold. Now have 03 and 04 KDX 220s.
KXF 250 forks. RB Carb and Head. FMF rev pipe. Long live the KDX !!!
Wazowski

Post by Wazowski »

>|<>QBB<
MXOldtimer wrote:>|<>QBB<
firffighter wrote:Hey, I found a closeout on '06 models at a local dealer for $3399. Think I will go in tomorrow and do some wheelin and dealin. What do you think about the price? Sounds pretty good to me for a new bike.

I wont name any names but, I hope it isn't at a shop on the other side of the Columbia river. They tried to hit me with almost a thousand dollars freight & setup, I didn't think it was very "pro" of them. Needless to say they never got any of my $'s.

That's odd...my kid bought his there in '06 for $4400...I thought that was the all included price. They even delivered it to his door! (He prolly paid extra for that.) I'll have to ask now.

Still $3400 is a thousand off and they will put 10% of that on a bonus card good for anything else in the store. They credit you that on every purchase. That alone has me going back and I live on the south side of the river.

It's how I bought my gloves, goggles, etc. I think I still have a few bucks on it even now.

Anyway...one mans trash...

Waz
"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads!" - Emmet Brown
firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

Well, typical dealer. Advertised at $3399, so I call and the want $600 in "setup fees". So, I told em forget it. Now looking for a good used one in my area.
'
Wazowski

Post by Wazowski »

$4000, brand new under warranty set up and ready...

Was it that place in Vancouver?

Not too bad really...

...but you should be able to find something somewhat used for about 2500 or maybe even less. They are a bit rare and that keeps the price up. I paid 2700 for my '03 last year...very well cared for. I felt I got a good deal...

Waz
"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads!" - Emmet Brown
xagentman

Post by xagentman »

Waz is right. I bought my 05 220R from Pro caliber and was very saitsfied. total out the door was $4500 with delivery. Talk to my man Josh, he can set you up.

I know that they have 3 used KDX in there at the beginning of summer. 05 220R for 3200. (ouch) They typically have a lot of good used bikes in there.
==05 KDX220R==
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

>|<>QBB<
firffighter wrote:Well, typical dealer. Advertised at $3399, so I call and the want $600 in "setup fees". So, I told em forget it. Now looking for a good used one in my area.

I have a ATV/Ranch equip dealership here in Texas and freinds with the Local Kaw dealer 600 for less then an hours worth of work that you will and should undo anyway is to much. If they took it down and regreased the swing arm,linkage, steering stem bearings and rejetted the bike I would say thats not bad. but thats not what they are doing.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.
firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

I decided to look for a used bike instead. My brother is looking for a KDX too and found a nice '99 KDX220 with extras for $1600. He called about it and the guy also has a '98 KTM200exc for the same price. My brother and I are going out tomorrow to look at them and then try and decide who gets what bike.
'
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Update?
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

My brother and I are going out to look at both the kdx and ktm tonight. They both sound like really nice bikes. I think we will be buying them both tonight. I will let you all know how it goes and who gets what bike.
'
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

poor bikes, they're going to have such a boring life.
firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

We bought both bikes last night. Both were in great shape and were very low hour bikes. My brother has a lot less riding experience that I do, so he wants the kdx, so that leaves me with the KTM 200exc. You now might see my brother peeking his head around on this site. Hope I havent burned bridges with you all now that I have an orange bike (its still a 200).
'
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Nope, just keep coming around and let us know how you like it in comparison to your 92 KDX.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

You will wish you took the KDX! :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Flying W

Post by Flying W »

>|<>QBB<
firffighter wrote: Hope I havent burned bridges with you all now that I have an orange bike (its still a 200).
And a smoker.:mrgreen:
firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

I rode for about 20 minutes today on our little track at the house and the KTM rips. It makes you ride aggressively. It is very light and has incredible suspension. It has good low end, but it comes on much more quickly than the kdx. It will take some getting used to as it is a much more aggressive style bike than the kdx. I also rode my brother's bike and it is a nice ride as well. Nice to be back on a 2- stroke for sure.
'
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

I'd love to check one of those out w/ an RB carb. DOn't they have an adjustable powervalve too?
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project