Steering dampers, WER or Scotts?

Got questions? We got answers....
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Either one will be better than none... I personally have not tried the WER but after months of research... I opted for the Scotts.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

Indawoods wrote:Either one will be better than none... I personally have not tried the WER but after months of research... I opted for the Scotts.
Using the above assumption, I ordered a WER this morning.

I would rather have had a Scott's. I really like the Fat Bar on my KDX. It works much better with the GPS and Computer than the 7/8" bars with the cross bar always in the way. But after I spoke with Scotts, I decided that $599 was more that I wanted to spend. Their response to putting their damper on the KDX with the fat bar set up (in addition what CC said about bushed bars), was that the factory top 3T causes problems with the way that the Fat Bar set up works. On the OEM 3T the bar clamp mounting area is angled back towards the rider. Therefore they would only sell the set up with their top 3T which is not angled and has solid mount bar clamps. Good for them? :?

I figure it certainly can't be worse with the WER than without. Plus with the difference in price, I can afford some sorely needed new gear.
I haven't done it yet...but I don't see why it would be a big deal to fabricate a bracket for a fender mounted Scott's. Buy a WER mount kit (if you want something to start out with), put the Scotts on a plate. Bolt it on. Make it fit. A few heim (banjo) joints and some adjustable (threaded) rods and you could make it work.
Actually CC that is a cool idea and one that I considered. Maybe after I find 03 or newer kx125 or kx250f to cradle my KDX engine, hm.... :grin:

Later
Robb
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
89kdx200rdr
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by 89kdx200rdr »

ive crashed alot with my scotts and solid bar mounts and all is well. with the stabilizer. im starting to feel it. im running 7/8 bars and they are good too. maybe i havent laid it down hard enough yet. i would talk my brother into joining the airforce before i would run a wer. nothing against anyone in the airforce. if you were in the service you will understand. if not get over it. :evil:
1989 KDX 200
2003 KX 250
2006 KX 250F
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

:shock: What makes them soooooo bad ??? I'm hoping I haven't wasted $600AU on the WER. :rolleyes:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

I bet you'll be happy. It's easy to drive yourself crazy over some of these parts when the differences between them can be pretty small, especially compared to not having anything at all.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220