Best tire for mud/slick

Got questions? We got answers....
OldRedd

Best tire for mud/slick

Post by OldRedd »

I've been thinking of getting new tires for the 200. Still running the stock tires from the showroom floor. I tend to find myself in mud and slick stuff a lot. The stock tires don't seem to like this too much and tend to spin and spin. I sometimes wish I had a Super Swamper on the rear. Anyway, whats a good tire for mud/slick stuff, but also likes some grass/occasional rocks?
2005 KDX220-Completely stock
1998 XR200-Supertrapp Exhaust
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

I'm on the stock front so I can't help ya there, but I know for sure that I run muddy conditions and like the D756! Good mud tire, but sticks around when you hit harder stuff, too.
OldRedd

Post by OldRedd »

Thanks I'll look into them. The stocker just doesn't want to clean off when it gets tough.
2005 KDX220-Completely stock
1998 XR200-Supertrapp Exhaust
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

I ended up running the MT44 I had on my 220 at the Spanish Peaks Qualifier last weekend and it turned out to be a winner. I lost track of the mud/water crossings and that thing tractored right through it. I was hearing others bitch about how their ITs were loading up and made them useless. The MT44 is an awesome tire in loose stuff but can be alittle hairy on hardpack and rocks.
Motodeficient

Post by Motodeficient »

I have a Maxxis Macross on right now, does very good in the slick stuff. and has held up very nicely so far

kdxluvr

Post by kdxluvr »

old redd i live close to you.i use kenda millvilles,trelleborg ten master or the maxxis it.they all work good on our terrain.