Leaky KIPS, oil everywhere

Got questions? We got answers....
GhostRider

Leaky KIPS, oil everywhere

Post by GhostRider »

Below is a picture of my top end, I have an E series 91 model kdx200 and lately my bike has developed a problem with the kips leaking. After every ride I get spooge all over the engine. I have tryed replacing all the seals around that area.
The seals i've replaced are circled on the diagram, I have also replaced the seal at the bottom of the governor shaft which you cannot see on the diagram.
And it is still leaking my guess is that the screw labeled on the diagram is not holding what it is meant too in place (the part 49002) am I correct or isn't the screw meant to hold that.

I have ordered this screw from kawasaki to make sure I have the right screw in there but it turns out the screw I got from kawasaki is miles too large and doesn't go anywhere it is the right part no too, I am lost.

Please the gorilla is asking for help :prayer:

**((Bike Profile))**

**((Bike Pics))**

I am a green machine (when im hungry) :lol:
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

That screw does hold the 49002 collar into the cylinder but your existing one should have covered the collar without issue. Are you sure that 11009 & 14024C are sealed correctly? Put a nice bead of high temp silicon around the groove where the rubber boot meets 14024C.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
GhostRider

Post by GhostRider »

My existing screw does not hold 49002 in place if I pull the arm backward i can pull 49002 out past the screw. I ordered the right screw from kawasaki and its miles to big and wont screw in but it has the right part # and everything, maybe I should find a small washer to go over the existing screw?

And my gasket and the rubber boot might not be sealing well but are you saying oil should be getting past all the other seals into the cover and then the gasket should stop it leaking?

Thank u again.

One more unrelated NEWBIE question :lol: , I think I have an exhaust leak if I take the exhaust off to seal it with some high temp silicone do I need a new copper gasket?
**((Bike Profile))**

**((Bike Pics))**

scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

One more unrelated NEWBIE question , I think I have an exhaust leak if I take the exhaust off to seal it with some high temp silicone do I need a new copper gasket?
No you don't need a new copper gasket BUT make sure the silicone is cured before you re-install
GhostRider

Post by GhostRider »

:prayer: M0rie where are you? :lol:

My gasket and the rubber boot might not be sealing well but are you saying oil should be getting past all the other seals into the cover and then the gasket should stop it leaking?
**((Bike Profile))**

**((Bike Pics))**

m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Some oil should make it into the cover but it shouldn't be dripping out of it.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
GhostRider

Post by GhostRider »

I C said me
**((Bike Profile))**

**((Bike Pics))**