what's wrong with this picture?

Got questions? We got answers....
Flying W

Post by Flying W »

>|QBB<[/url]
scheckaet wrote: I pulled up the sub vaI have to re-align the sub-valves though. I assume they are in the close position. The manual is not very clear on that.
I found these on pages 1-9 and 1-10 (just received the manual!!)
Hope they are not too late.
crazybrit

Re: what's wrong with this picture?

Post by crazybrit »

>|QBB<[/url]
scheckaet wrote:That's what happen when you don't know what you're doing and it way past bedtime...:doh: :mad: :evil:

Now I have to spend more than 55 bucks :shock: to replace that ridiculous tiny piece :roll:
How the hell do you remove that nut? Can't figure it out and the manual is not that helpfull :?
I too snapped off the same tooth on the same KIPS gear,

My worry here is that you've got one gear tooth taking the load of two.

I realize people are running with it like this but what if this causes the remaining tooth to prematurely fail. I'd hate to see that piece of shrapnel launching itself into my engine or is this a non-issue?

Lots of people are still running on the original 220R piston despite it's reputation as a grenade with a loose pin but the advice was to not risk it, which is how I ended up doing the top end ... and here I am ..... worried I'm trading one dubious situation for another, or am I being paranoid. I'd like to ignore as Ma Kwakasaki wants $60 shipped for a new gear, and thats the RonAyers price. Dealer was nearer $70. Typical crapola Kawasaki potash castings :-(