Crushed Radiator

Got questions? We got answers....
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Crushed Radiator

Post by 2001kdx »

I had a head-on collision with another rider today, and his bars smashed my shroud which crushed my left-hand radiator. On the way home there were no leaks or serious signs of heat (only riding for 15 mins) So what should I do? I'll try to get a picture real soon but my ankle hurts like hell.

Little $HIT on a KX85 got away with barely a scratch! I get a cracked headlight shell, ripped graphics and a radiator!!!
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Pictures

Post by 2001kdx »

I got some pics here. I can't walk yet but I'll fill up some coolant in the tank and go out riding to see if it leaks. If it doesn't leak(hoping), I'm all set. I also hope I can embed the pictures correctly...

danfree

Post by danfree »

Ebay has some right now. There is a pair for "buy now" $125. Also a left radiator for auction.
2008 Yam FZ6
2005 KDX 200
sluggo69

radiator

Post by sluggo69 »

if you dont get the one off ebay,send it to http://www.motorcycleradiators.com/

they fixed one for me after a tree jumped out in front of me.
03 kdx/kx200... my lil woods weapon
07 zuki ozark250...xmas present for my son
crazybrit

Post by crazybrit »

When I dented mine I tried to bend it back into shape. I did an OK job but it took a lot of time and I reallly wish I'd just sent it to Mylers. I bet it would have come back almost as-new. I had rad guards on order at time of my get-off but they hadn't arrived yet (ain't that always the way).

I put on both Devol and WP guards afterwards. I've been looking on eBay for ages but everyone I see has had some kind of damage or is too expensive. The left on eBay now isn't bad but it's been dinged.

I'd just go to Mylers and then get some guards.