Problems with bike

Got questions? We got answers....
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Problems with bike

Post by 2001kdx »

I've been riding lately and noticing that my bike will, every once in a while, fail to gain RPM's. It will just barely even rev, and will be needed to be cleaned out in a higher gear. I think it's the powervalves. Does this mean I must pull the cylinder off the bike? exactly what gaskets and other stuff is needed for I guess would be just a powervalve clean?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

All you really need is a head gasket if you are careful. And just pull the head... everything can be accessed from there.... :grin:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

That doesn;t sound too bad, Now I just hope it will cure my problem.
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

If I were to open the cover and turn it manually, it would not open when the bike is cold right? That is if I turn it when it's running? Sorry, still confusedk, I'll keep seaching.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Upon inspection, pull the left side cover.... start the bike. Let it warm up 'cause she won't rev smoothly until that happens, then rev it to around 6K and see if it turns... if it does... then the KIPS is probably activating... doesn't mean all parts are operating but it means the shaft is turning when it should.... everything else requires you pulling the head...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "