old fuel

Got questions? We got answers....
danfree

old fuel

Post by danfree »

When I received this bike, it came with a full tank and 5 gals of premixed fuel. After my initial test ride, I wanted to do some much needed maintenance. In the meantime, I have all this fuel just sitting around. Would it be harmful to use some in my lawn mower? How about adding a few gallons to my auto's tank. Will the oil harm the fuel injectors? When I get the bike back together, I want to start out with fresh fuel. That may take a couple more weeks.
2008 Yam FZ6
2005 KDX 200
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Either or.

Lawnmower is good.

Your auto is good.

What is 'old'? If it 'came with', guess you may have no idea, in which case the best insurance for 'no damage' to anything is to get rid of it.

Out west...where we can still do one or two things NOT under Big Government supervision (not that its legal..it's just 'They' aren't WATCHING), I'd use it to start a brush debris pile fire. All due caution advised, of course. Gasoline makes things go B-O-O-M when you least expect it (most always, that is).

Not that that is always a bad thing... :wink:

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

To save myself the worry of whether or not I mixed my gas or not, I put premix in all my gas cans, even the gas for my mower. I've had my mower for seven years and I'm still on the original plug :?

I'm not too sure gas really goes bad anymore ??

My KDX sat for 1 year and 5 months with the same old gas in it. Cleaned the carb and she started right up. Rode it, on that gas no problem.

I have a '73 Harley X90. It's been in storage for seven years , still had gas in the tank. Took seven kicks to fire it up a few weeks ago
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS