Power Gains with PC Type-296 S/A

Got questions? We got answers....
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Power Gains with PC Type-296 S/A

Post by Jeb »

Folks, I made a trade during the week where I ended up with a Pro Circuit forest-approved spark arrestor. It's a "Type-296" meaning it doesn't register "aggravation" on the noisy-scale for whoever may be nearby (just where I wanna be).

I was going to put off getting an aftermarket S/A given the testimony of not-much-power/$$ but went for it under the circumstances of the trade (there was other stuff involved) . . .

so - as of this morning - to my very pleasant suprise my bike now sounds awesome (louder but not by much), but even more importantly I DID just go up a click on the HP scale! It's more noticeable in the upper RPMs. I suppose it's not inconceivable that the warmer weather is affecting performance positively somehow (making things richer).

Who else has got the 296 and what were your results? Any RB-mod bikes with this S/A? How about RB-mod bikes that added an aftermarket silencer-S/A, especially those who added the S/A after RB-mods?

I'm wondering if opening up the airbox some more, i.e. removing the lid altogether will compliment the whole "package" - comments? I know things will get a little noisier but I have an idea to minimize this . . .

Do I ask enough questions? :oops:
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!