custom magneto cover

Got questions? We got answers....
awoodman

custom magneto cover

Post by awoodman »

I was thinking that it would be cool to make my own magneto cover out of aluminum for some bling-bling. My uncle has a full machine shop, including a cnc mill, cnc lathe, and also a manually controlled version of each. I am pretty familiar with the using these machines. I would machine it and then send it out to get anodized. Does anyone know what the measurements of the five holes are(How far apart theyre spaced and so forth)? I was thinking I could just take the existing cover off and take measurements from that, but plastic has a tendancy to flex a little, and it I took measurements from that, the aluminum piece would come out wrong. Thanks guys! If I go this down to a science, I could make 'em for you guys.
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

Why not check the measurement of the holes using the aluminum case? Measure the cover and then double check by measuring your case hole spacing - it will not be flexing..
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Mine came with an aluminium one as standard. I'm sure you could just order one but and custom one would be cool. I'd love to make clutch and waterpump covers from clear lexan but its too dear for the material let alone machining costs.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
awoodman

Post by awoodman »

yea, thats a good idea, idaho. thanks...the newer kdx's must have the plastic covers.