Got questions? We got answers....
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

cycra handguard

Post by scheckaet »

I'm thinkin about getting the cycra handguard that mount on the triple clamp
http://store.cycraracing.com/trclmopr.html
I don't know if I should go with the side or front mount. Any recommendation for choice?
Who else makes that kind of handguard?

Thanks a brazillion
wilf
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

The side or front mount is determined by where the bolts are to clamp your forks to the upper triple clamp. Are the bolts screwed in from the front of the bike, or from the side? Look at your own link you supplied. Scroll down and you can view the two different types of mounts. Order accordingly.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

how did I miss that? :oops:
Thanks ski you're there again to save the day.
How's the house going? Any new pics?
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I'll post some photos tonight. Thanks for asking! I figured I would wait until someone was interested as I did not want to bore anyone with my troubles and tribulations. Now everyone can blame you for the photos and dialog!! Ha!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
crazybrit

Post by crazybrit »

>|<>QBB<
skipro3 wrote:I'll post some photos tonight. Thanks for asking! I figured I would wait until someone was interested as I did not want to bore anyone with my troubles and tribulations. Now everyone can blame you for the photos and dialog!! Ha!!
I'm curious to see the pics as I couldn't get it to work period. The barkbuster wouldn't connect with the clamp mount, not even close. Which brings up the obvious flaw here, good fitment depends on what bar style you have fitted and the angle you like the bars. Even if you are lucky and they'll fit, it doesn't mean the deflectors will be pointing where you want and there is little to no adjustibility with the t-clamp mounts.

If you are worried about strength you're better off trying their 4 bolt bar clamps but these are not quite as adjustible as the standard bar clamps.
danfree

Post by danfree »

Does anyone know if the mounts will fit a KDX upper T-clamp? Mine has the pinch bolts in the front. Also, are there any bars that seem to work well with the Cycra guards. From what I've read so far, it seems that there are several bar/ guard combos that don't seem to fit together well. Or maybe someone who has done the KX fork upgrade has a BRP triple clamp or such for a KDX just sitting around? That would make it easier for me to decide.
2008 Yam FZ6
2005 KDX 200
crazybrit

Post by crazybrit »

>|<>QBB<
danfree wrote:Does anyone know if the mounts will fit a KDX upper T-clamp? Mine has the pinch bolts in the front. Also, are there any bars that seem to work well with the Cycra guards. From what I've read so far, it seems that there are several bar/ guard combos that don't seem to fit together well. Or maybe someone who has done the KX fork upgrade has a BRP triple clamp or such for a KDX just sitting around? That would make it easier for me to decide.
they make two types of t-clamp mounts. front and side. which do you have? there you have it. Will they fit? Depends.
danfree

Post by danfree »

Depends on what? In an earlier post you (crazybrit) mentioned having difficulties getting your setup to work. I guess it would be more helpful (to me) to know which ones you have. That way I'll know what to avoid. I'm not sure if you are talking about Cycra handguards or Barkbusters. I thought the BBs were a different brand altogether.
2008 Yam FZ6
2005 KDX 200
TWMOODY
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TWMOODY »

Save yourself some money check out this price......
http://monkeybuttparts.com/pk4/store.pl ... roduct=219
crazybrit

Post by crazybrit »

>|<>QBB<
danfree wrote:Depends on what? In an earlier post you (crazybrit) mentioned having difficulties getting your setup to work. I guess it would be more helpful (to me) to know which ones you have. That way I'll know what to avoid. I'm not sure if you are talking about Cycra handguards or Barkbusters. I thought the BBs were a different brand altogether.
Err, the initial post subject was 'cycra handguard' and then it deviated to discuss the cycra t/clamp mount.
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

>|<>QBB<
TWMOODY wrote:Save yourself some money check out this price......
http://monkeybuttparts.com/pk4/store.pl ... roduct=219
If that's saving money you sir are one ritch motha!
TWMOODY
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TWMOODY »

87.00 rich motha ?
What do you think keeps these things very green in color?
It's the green money bucket..........
Seem like most things you by for these is atleast 80 bucks
except a tank of gas and it won't be to long for that the way
gas prices are.
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

Well sure it's a nice set. I guess I just think that way because my EE barkbusters cost me $0!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

That price is $20 cheaper from last year... and they look a little better. I think that is a great deal.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

yeah, I think I paid around $105 for mine. I like them a lot more than others I've tried.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220