Quick jetting question *Now also race report*

Got questions? We got answers....
AZRickD

Post by AZRickD »

>|<>QBB<
thebleakness wrote:Test 3 was great, I had a blast going through that thing laughing all the way up.
Well, you certainly have a good attitude for AMRA-style racing. Me? I'm a whiner. I'd be cranky, in a web forum kind of way. :)
IIRC you were helping a guy tighten down some loose bars
Yeah. He was one muscular, and fast guy. I've seen him at the Mile Markers. His bar clamps came undone and were just a few threads from coming off. He rode most of the diabolical Test three and the nasty transfer section with his bars wobbling in his hands. He was so arm pumped that he couldn't work my Check-buddy's tools.
Did you ride the whole course at all on your KDX? If so, what did you think of it?
I didn't ride any of Test 3 since it wasn't a part of the course when I volunteered to mark trails. It was included after one section turned into a mud-bog in a light rain. As usual, Arizona Trail Riders opted for the safety of rocks over the unpredictability of eastern-style mud. :butthead:

My first race is likely to be the Gila County Desert Cross in October-07. I'm not sure about doing the AMA Nationals in Young (east of Payson) as a first race in *hot* and monsoony August.

Rick
I done KX-ed QuailChaser's KDX220R
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

IIRC CTR is going to be running part of the National so I cant race it. :cry: But I'll definetly be at the Desert Cross in October, 90% of the course in view of the spectators? Yeah, should be fun. :D

I should be heading down to Camp Wood on Saturday for that trials comp. with Buck, I'll be taking down my KDX for some riding. Any interest?
AZRickD

Post by AZRickD »

Teaching my wife to ride her "new" '03 TT-R 125L on Saturday. On Sunday I'm headin' down to new territory: Buckeye with Chuck.

Chuck is a certified "Mid-Pack C-rider" so I'll have a good idea as to the level of my suckiness after riding with him.

Rick
I done KX-ed QuailChaser's KDX220R