Do-all front tire

Got questions? We got answers....
iagsxr

Do-all front tire

Post by iagsxr »

I'm needing a new front tire for my 04 200. The public areas I ride are super hard-slick. Unless it's wet then they're slime over hard. The hare scrambles are a mix of everything. Last year it seemed like they had a lot of high speed grass track connecting sections. Anybody have a suggestion for the best front for all conditions?

I had a Maxxis IT on my 250f. It was Ok, but I'd say borderline too hard. I had a S12 on my YZ426 before that. The 426 was a pig so hard to tell how the tire worked. My KDX has a near new S12 rear. I'm debating whether I'm going to leave it on. The public areas will shred it. I think a trials tire would be perfect for the vast majority of the riding I do. I just can't believe they work in deep mud and I'm scared of what they would be like in off camber ruts and such.

Any and all input is appreciated :supz: <-I just like this guy
04 KDX 200
05 KX250f-sold
01 GSXR750
75 GT550
68 Chevelle
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

Have you thought about Pirellis? I installed an MT16 on the rear of my 220 and I'm sold on it. The traction is fabulous and the thing's still not showing wear - nice square edges and no chunking. I've ridden in mud, rocky hillsides (mixture of loose and solid rocks), hardpack track, rocky creeks, wood mud/leaves/slime. It spins a bit in the hardpack, though, but still there it performs adequately. And they're fair from a $$ perspective.

I'm getting ready to swap my worn front rubber with probably an MT32 - my understanding is they are are good combo with the rear MT16.
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

Try a D742 on the front & a D756 on the rear. BUT the S12 are VG tires also. The Mich. are a couple of $$$$ more than the Dunlops, well more than a couple. Yes, the soft terrian tires will wear faster than the hard terrian, but I feel the Soft terrian work EVERYWHERE, compared to the Hard Terrian.
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr