Air filter shtuff

Got questions? We got answers....
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

I started using NoToil 4 years ago, still using the Notoil filter that I bought when I made the switch. Also have a Moose filter with the neoprene gasket

Originally was using the pour on version but now I use the spray. Easier and alot less waste
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
kelasaki

Post by kelasaki »

>|<>QBB<
kdennan wrote:it seems wasteful and time consuming to soak in a bag of oil or whatever.
Only if you are squeezing the excess down the sink or into the trash. I have a sealed tub that I squeeze the excess into and use it for the next filter(s). I actually think I waste less this way, than when I use spray on oil. Both ways work fine for me.
kdennan

Post by kdennan »

Cool. I honestly think I am a lazy POS about using the spray over the No-Toil. I have never tried it.
MXOldtimer

Post by MXOldtimer »

Oh boy am I gonna get it.

During the summer or when I know it's gonna be EXTREMELY DUSTY
(this was last Tue after only 52 miles, caked about 1/16 on top, yes it was clean before riding)

I use PJ1.

I use to use Belray filter oil but I don't like the stinky smell. I drench and lightly wring out the excess. I have a few filters so I do them all, then bag'm. During the winter and wet season when I'm not worried about dust I use plain old motor oil to oil my filters. (gasps, jaw drops, clench chest) Yup, that's right plain old motor oil and been doing it for a long time.
Please don't run a dry filter so if you have nothing else or don't want to buy the flavor of the month at least put some motor oil on your filter, it'll be better than dry.

If you don't want to mess with different filter oils like I do just buy and run a quality oil all year long.
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

When I ride with my A rider buddies my filter looks like that one up there. ^^ I wouldn't want too know what it would have done without being properly oil...

I don't waste any extra oil if I can help it. I use a extra large coffee can (larger than even those bigger ones) and pour some oil on top of it and let it drip into the can and put the filter in and soak that up. Then I prop the filter out and let it drip/evaporate out and all I do is re-seal the lid and use the extra stuff next time.