Stepped Seat

Got questions? We got answers....
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Stepped Seat

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

I saw this idear at TT awhile back, here's the linky http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showth ... p?t=444969

I spent about 15 total minutes on mine the other day and finally tried it out today

Freaking amazing how much better I can stay on the seat without sliding off the seat (which usually turns into a loopout)

A couple times on really steep uphill **** I was actually sitting too far forward.

Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
radonc73
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by radonc73 »

Looks good. It is an interesting way of doing it. I had mostly seen seats where they removed the foam. I always have had problems with the seatcover myself. Never comes out looking good.
Riding is living everything else, is just waiting.
Master of the casual pace
83 KDX 200
93 KDX 250
84 YTM 225 DX 3-WHEELER
Wudscrasher
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Wudscrasher »

Wibby, check out mine I did last year. I like how it keeps me planted, and lets my feet touch the ground!

http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/modules. ... _photo.php
2000 KDX220R

"Big air? I say keep it in the dirt - that's where the fun is. You want big air, kid? Pull my finger." -- Smooth Johnson, Master of the Berm
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

I planned on waiting til I bought new, taller seat foam but I'd been itching too try it

Man, what a difference it makes! I went up a hill Saturday draggiing my toes behind the bike, lost my footing on the pegs and was sure the front end would come up but I was able to stay on the front of the seat, and made it over the top no problem
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
Rick
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rick »

I like it! The P O of my bike added a little extra pad to my seat. Its fairly comfy, but i bet i could shave an inch or two up front to give me a nice step. When its time for a new cover, of course. I tippy toe now, with fairly good sag, so it would be perfect! Great Idea!
Yes, they really do let me drive the Train!
1991 KDX 250 $Sold but not forgotten....
1996 Suzuki DR 350 $Sold!
2002 Honda CR 250 worth more than my house at this point........ :-)
2004 DR 650se Road Warrior
2002 DL1000 V-STROM
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Your 2-up buddy sits up in the jetstream, though.........

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Yesturday I was going up a hill I had no business even trying and the lil green machine just kept going and going. I'd lost my footing and was duck walking all the way up and if it hadn't been for the stepped seat I'd a looped it for sure, front end was pretty light, just touched enough to steer once in awhile.

Almost to the top there's an old dead tree laying in my path and pointing straight into my direction. All of the sudden something grabs my leg and I come to a halt and fall over. I look down and see this!

Luckily it did not stick me and it broke easily off of the rest of the tree :supz:
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

That could have been painful! :shock:
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E