Kdx winter work

Got questions? We got answers....
luke347

Kdx winter work

Post by luke347 »

Its getting close to the riding season here in western ny and this week im finishing up all the work that needed to be done. The other day I ordered gaskets, .42kg springs, black rear fender from fredette. I also ordered new sprokets from rockymountain. I took my cylinder off and just to check things out (160 psi on a compression test) even though the compression test was fine, When i took the cylinder off there was a little bit of scoring but the compression was fine so i decided not to get it bored and plated. The bike is a 94 with everything stock and there was such small amounts of carbon on everything including the kips i just scraped it off the piston and head and put everything back together and thats all i got to. My question is why is the compression fine even with the scroring, also there was very minimal blow by from the scroing. i am also having all of the dents removed from my fatty pipe, im gonna post a picture for you guys i think you guys will get a kick out of the dents that accumulated from 1 day riding behind a quad.