KIPS TROUBLE! 05 220R

Got questions? We got answers....
Sport
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

KIPS TROUBLE! 05 220R

Post by Sport »

I have broken the CARDINAL RULE, didn't research and didn't know nut was lefT handed. I got rough :evil: on the Kips actuator shaft or otherwise known as Kips governor shaft located on RH side cover and extends up to cylinder, buykawasaki.com part # 13234A. As a result the SHAFT turned roughly 180 degrees. How BIG a problem is this? Have I BROKE something inside cover at bottom of shaft?

HELP :evil: HELP :oops: HELP SOMEONE!!!!! :prayer:
Bad Boyz Toy Box
05 KDX 220R Dad'
05 PW 50 Son's
07 KX 85 Son's
02 Polaris 700 4-wheeeler Whom ever

See Ya on the next one.
Sport
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Yes... I believe you have broke the bottom piece of the shaft. Remove the cover and repair before you ever kick it over again or you could cause lots of damage.

Chances are it looks like this or worse:

Complements of Green Hornet :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Sport
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by Sport »

S$$T that's what I was afraid of, does the clutch have to be pulled to get to bottom of shaft.? :evil: :evil:

Based on pictures you replied with I'm assuming someones been down this road before. If so what kind of a job is to replace shaft?

Thanks for the help.
Bad Boyz Toy Box
05 KDX 220R Dad'
05 PW 50 Son's
07 KX 85 Son's

See Ya on the next one.
Sport
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I would PM Green Hornet... he's the man! :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

I have been there by rotating the rod by accident. NOthing was broken so relax until you pull the clutch case and inspect. I thought I had photos of it in a post already. I will look.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

That piece seems to be pretty fragile... I would be suprised if it isn't damaged...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

I couldn't find the post where I originally posted these pics but heres a few shots of where it goes etc.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:That piece seems to be pretty fragile... I would be suprised if it isn't damaged...
Mine wasn't it simply rotated out of the groove. I wasn't wrenching on it at the time though. Fingers crossed he will be OK. :wink:

grump99

Post by grump99 »

If it is broken, it's a pretty easy fix. If I remember correctly, the part was about $10. It's kind of a pain because you have to remove the side casing, but not a difficult job. Make sure to retrieve the broken piece(s) and use thread lock on the screws so they don't come loose.

Good luck :mrgreen:

Tony
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Yes... I hope everything is OK but will still need looked at. Better safe than sorry.... I hate horror stories! :shock:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

Also, you DO NOT HAVE TO REMOVE THE WATER PUMP IMPELLER. Leave the cover intact & remove the casing. One less gasket to take off, clean & install.....
I PM'd him Vince
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
Sport
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

KIPS TROUBLE 05 220R

Post by Sport »

To all of members who have responded to my plies for help, CHEERS! The stream of info from this site is irreplaceable. I'll be opening up the cover tomorrow to see what kind of surprise awaits me. :supz: :cool:

THANKS AGAIN!
Bad Boyz Toy Box
05 KDX 220R Dad'
05 PW 50 Son's
07 KX 85 Son's

See Ya on the next one.
Sport
80elkster
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by 80elkster »

Sport
Take some pictures and post what you found.
06 DR650 Farkled
91 WR250 2T
00 300EXC (Sold)
79 XS850 (Sold)
79 CR250 (Sold)
78 IT400 (Stolen)
75 G5 100 Kawi (Gave it away)
73 F7 175 Kawi (Sold)
70 175 Brigestone (Recycled)
05 KDX200(Son's)
93 KDX200
75 KT250 Trials
250 Quads
Just glad to be ridin!
grump99

Post by grump99 »

How did it go??? :mrgreen:
crazyaboutriding

Post by crazyaboutriding »

im guessing it just came out if it stopped after turning 180 degrees. good luck and inform us on whats going on.
Kevin
'00 KDX 200
Sport
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

KIPS TROUBLE

Post by Sport »

Sure enough, Governor on bottom of actuator shaft was broke, broke clean off laying in bottom of case. I'm trying to figure out how to post pictures, as i am electronically challenged when it comes to computer programs etc.

Any sugggestions on how to post pictures?
Bad Boyz Toy Box
05 KDX 220R Dad'
05 PW 50 Son's
07 KX 85 Son's

See Ya on the next one.
Sport
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Upload them to your empty gallery.... there is a GUI for it so it should be really easy....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

You will have to allow popups to use the EZ photo uploader! :grin:

Go into your album and on the right side is a drop down menu, select upload photos and the upload GUI should popup. Simply browse to where they are on your PC , select one, hit open and then upload. It should show up in your album.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Sport
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by Sport »

OK DOKY, pictures of BROKEN KIPS GOVERNOR are in my gallery. Take a looks- see. Couldn't figure out how to add picture to this post. :mrgreen:

Bad Boyz Toy Box
05 KDX 220R Dad'
05 PW 50 Son's
07 KX 85 Son's

See Ya on the next one.
Sport
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

SHEEEW!

Glad you asked! :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****