kdx colors?

Got questions? We got answers....
1995KDX200mcs

kdx colors?

Post by 1995KDX200mcs »

I have a 95 kdx 200. I'm wondering when the color changed from fluorescent green to this newer kx green. Or hasn't it. I'm confused about ordering replacement body parts because I'm afraid of getting the newer color green.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Good question.

Chances are good that anything ordered aftermarket won't match the green on your bike to start with, regardless what it's called.

I've seen different words used enough times that apply to different colors, I wouldn't bet on what any particular term means in the eye of the seller.

What parts? I've bought a couple of UFO front fenders. My '00 should be the same color (basically..within lots and all that) as your '95. They match color-wise OK. Not perfectly, but pretty close.

Any manufacturer (or source for that matter) should know the difference between a color that fits your bike and one that doesn't..and should segregate the PN by years that fit.

Ooops. I just went to Rocky Mtn, looked up fenders for '95 and '00. They do list an Acerbis fender as being available for both, but do NOT say which color! And there are both flo and green choices!

Someone that's ordered one recently will know.

Sorry........

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
grump99

Post by grump99 »

I think they changed the shade of green starting with '05 kdx's. Not sure about other changes
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Just looked at the fiche, 95 through o5 they call it the same "L. Green"
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

>|<>QBB<
grump99 wrote:I think they changed the shade of green starting with '05 kdx's. Not sure about other changes
I second that pre 05 you should be OK
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr