Rewinding Stator: Anyone DIY?

Got questions? We got answers....
Wudscrasher
Gold Member
Gold Member

Rewinding Stator: Anyone DIY?

Post by Wudscrasher »

I searched for posts regarding a do-it-yourself lighting stator rewind, and came up empty. So, has anyone attempted this with their KDX? My friend rewound his 2T ATK himself (he's an overachieving engineer), but his stator is similar to 4Ts, i.e., it has spokes you wrap wire around. Ours looks like just one big hunk of wire. Even with his expertise, I would be hesitant to attempt this without some guidance. Sure, I could easily buy a 75w or send it out for a rewind, but I like DIY projects, especially when they are challenging. Any thoughts or links that may provide information would be much appreciated.

-- C.J.
2000 KDX220R

"Big air? I say keep it in the dirt - that's where the fun is. You want big air, kid? Pull my finger." -- Smooth Johnson, Master of the Berm
Wudscrasher
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Wudscrasher »

Bump.

Guess not. Heck, if I try, I'll be a resource!

--C.J.
2000 KDX220R

"Big air? I say keep it in the dirt - that's where the fun is. You want big air, kid? Pull my finger." -- Smooth Johnson, Master of the Berm
radonc73
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by radonc73 »

Let us know how it goes. I hate messing with any type of electrical b/c of the gremlins that may lurk beneath. :blink:
Riding is living everything else, is just waiting.
Master of the casual pace
83 KDX 200
93 KDX 250
84 YTM 225 DX 3-WHEELER