Compression Test!

Got questions? We got answers....
stevemacisaac

Re: Compression Test!

Post by stevemacisaac »

Thanks to everyone who replied; I'm not an idiot, but can't figure how to reply to the nice folks who posted.
stevemacisaac

Re: Compression Test!

Post by stevemacisaac »

Thanks to all who answered this, have a very sick relative up in Detroit, couldn't reply. I'm nervous as he## about taking the premix ratio down, but everybody seems to say the same thing, esp. w/r/t the KDX. Pulled the packing on the exhaust (an FMF power core from 2000) and (although it had been ages since it was replaced) it was soaked. Repacked with one of the sheets in the FMF pack, perhaps I should have used two. Mr. Fredette, who has been tops in terms of responsiveness, recommends a NGK B9ES instead of the B8RES that came with the bike. I put on the chain he recommends ("XWRing" ) and the Fredette/MRP rear chain guide, and all seems good. Looks like I have a little (1/32) inch lateral play in the swing arm, don't know whether I should pop the $300 to get them replaced (I don't have a press, and have 'bad luck' using my drill press and other 'improvisations' to press bearings).

Anyhow, don't know how many folks will read this, but thanks so much for all the replies.