Weepy base gasket: And now, a trip to US Chrome :(

Got questions? We got answers....
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

To be specific...you realize the pins ARE missing, right? And you DO have them to re-place them?

They should have been removed along with the studs before the cylinder was sent off (any replater I've seen specifies that be done..will charge you extra if you don't).

Sometimes the little buggers fall out when you're not watching. More often they stick in stickily enough that they don't come out easily.

A by the way...but your cylinder looks NOTHING like mine did. It IS a nickel/silicon carbide coating? Sure is shiny? :hmm: The deck looks VERY nice: No pitting, no corrosion leftovers...very pretty indeed.

I wonder if it's round.........

Post the install figures...ring gap, piston-to-cylinder measurements? Wiseco, right?

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

>|<>QBB<
canyncarvr wrote:Don't forget to put the pins in!!!
OH YEAH, hads to take mines apart agains cauz iz forgots
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
AZRickD

Post by AZRickD »

CC,

You're writing as if I'm doing the work. I didn't do a lick of it, other than to roll my bike into MunchyButt's shop.

I'll post all that info after I pick the bike up on Friday -- if they have the info.

Rick
I done KX-ed QuailChaser's KDX220R
AZRickD

Post by AZRickD »

Picked the bike up. Going for a break-in ride tomorrow.

No stats available.

Rick
AZRickD

Post by AZRickD »

Bike ran fine. I like to compare HP improvements to the effect of repacking a soggy silencer or cleaning a clogged air filter. This was a bit beyond that. :wink:

It was most noticeable at the point where the low-midrange starts to peak. The motor now began to climb into the curve a bit earlier and with more power available. Not a bunch but my front tire was skimming the ground more than usual. I also had to feather the clutch more on hill climbs, lest the wheels begin to spin.

And no leaks.

There's a buzzing in there somewhere that I have to track down. I can't tell if it's plastic parts vibration or I'm about to throw my rear axle. One or the other.

Rick