What next for more torque?

Got questions? We got answers....
1995KDX200mcs

What next for more torque?

Post by 1995KDX200mcs »

I have a 95 kdx200 with pro circuit platinum pipe and stock silencer. Not sure what other performance mods it has. I'm thinking about reeds or carb mods but don't want to spend a fortune. Or would a matching Pro circuit silencer help me out. Thanks for the help.
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

You can pick up a pair of boyesen power reeds just about anywhere for $35. Remember you will have to re-jet.

BUT, the king of all power mods for below-the-powerband performance is the RB carb/head mod. The carb mod is $165, the head is $40. Do a search and you will learn about the rb mods.

Don't waste cash on a silencer. Minimal power gains are to be found here. Go for the reeds and re-jet for a cheap power mod. Also consider a 12 tooth countershaft sprocket. It may be perfect for your riding conditions.
80elkster
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by 80elkster »

Hey I agree with 2001kdx, the RB carb mod coupled with the PC pipe you'll have the best of all worlds. I believe the carb mod was the biggest bang for the buck, even bigger than the pipe!! More useable power down low just off idle. I didn't notice a huge diffence with the power reeds but I know they are better than stock and your 95 is probably due for a set anyway. Go for the carb mod you'll be grinning from ear to ear! :supz:
06 DR650 Farkled
91 WR250 2T
00 300EXC (Sold)
79 XS850 (Sold)
79 CR250 (Sold)
78 IT400 (Stolen)
75 G5 100 Kawi (Gave it away)
73 F7 175 Kawi (Sold)
70 175 Brigestone (Recycled)
05 KDX200(Son's)
93 KDX200
75 KT250 Trials
250 Quads
Just glad to be ridin!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

What does, '..not a fortune..' mean?

If your bike has been ridden even moderately over the past 12 years, it's overdue for reeds anyway.

Boyesen power reeds won't be a huge difference..part of the depends on the state of your current reeds. The worse they are, the better the effect of new reeds.

A V-Force3 system is superior..also costs more (but you might get a free T-Shirt if you buy it from MotoTassinari! :wink: )

Modifying (via RB) your existing carb is hard to beat 'bang for the buck'-wise.

Run a quart of toluene in your next 4.75g of fuel. There's a smile waitin' to happen! :grin:

Run an -EG plug, gap it to .028" or so.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
GhostRider

Post by GhostRider »

Before you do the engine shouldnt you be getting the suspension right.
Not a fortune is a bit out of the question when it comes to dirt bikes, However from what Ive heard about the RB mods I would suggest saving your money and getting these. Also Im all for the toluene theres a good thread on it here
http://kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=
**((Bike Profile))**

**((Bike Pics))**

I am a green machine (when im hungry) :lol:
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

>|<>QBB<
canyncarvr wrote:What does, '..not a fortune..' mean?

If your bike has been ridden even moderately over the past 12 years, it's overdue for reeds anyway.

Boyesen power reeds won't be a huge difference..
I gotta disagree with the difference the Boysens make. They are a big performance increase as far as response goes. I am very impressed with them. You can definately tell they are there. But the DFIII's are moderately better.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
1995KDX200mcs

Post by 1995KDX200mcs »

The owner before me told me that the rear shock had been rebuilt recently and the front suspension works good for me. He had it set up for a heavier rider and I'm about 135, so it's not too plush which is good because I ride more aggresively. I'm liking the sound of the carb mod which will be my next mod. I read about toluene but still haven't a clue of what it is. I read that you get more spooge in the exhaust. I just fixed my spooge problem with new high octane gas and a switch to amsoil interceptor synthetic oil at 40:1 premix.
GhostRider

Post by GhostRider »

Toluene is something you get from paint shops, it is already a key product in gasoline your just adding more, it is basically an octane booster. It boosts the octane at the same time as providing more throttle response, Race gas may not provide more throttle response as it has less potential energy than toluene and a slower burn rate although being higher octane. Read the thread I told you about it has good information on the mixture etc, the last post on it is good if you want to know what toluene really is, and why the people that make fuel only put so much toluene in.
Spooge is not majorly bad if you keep it to a minimum, you may have to rejet after using toluene.
**((Bike Profile))**

**((Bike Pics))**

I am a green machine (when im hungry) :lol: