PA riders...Rausch creek?

Got questions? We got answers....
1995KDX200mcs

PA riders...Rausch creek?

Post by 1995KDX200mcs »

Hi I'm wondering if anybody here lives or rides near south central Pennsylvania. I'm near harrisburg and would love to ride with guys at Rausch Creek a.k.a http://www.rauschcreekracing.com. Right now I ride on my own property. Let me know whats up PA riders.
OldRedd

Post by OldRedd »

I'm from Wilkes-Barre, Pa and havn't rode there yet. I plan on doing the harescramble this summer there though. I believe its in July? Anyways, Rausch Creek is about a 40 minute drive only.
2005 KDX220-Completely stock
1998 XR200-Supertrapp Exhaust
1995KDX200mcs

Post by 1995KDX200mcs »

yeah I've worked in WB before. Its not too far. I take it you have a KDX what year/mods.
OldRedd

Post by OldRedd »

I have an '06 200. My dad has an '05 220. 220 is completely stock. My 200 has FmF "rev" pipe, powercore II silencer. I am rejetting it soon for the mods as well. I got some Sunstar sprockets and RK chain I need to put on too. Going to get the stiffer fork springs before the summer (.40kg).

I usually ride on my family's 28 acre property up near Towanda while at school. But, when it gets warm I usually ride in Plymouth, Pa, which is right across the river from WB. Its where BMER holds their harescramble "down by the river" every June and September.
Have you rode at Rausch Creek before? How is it?
1995KDX200mcs

Post by 1995KDX200mcs »

I haven't ridden there but am going up the next dry weekend to see it for a day and find out about a season pass. There is also a mx track right up the road called sleepy hollow mx park which i would like to ride at also. My bike just a month old for me. I got it last month for $900 which I feel like was a steal. It runs perfect, has a pc platinum pipe trail tech endurance pc. not sure if it has other mods. I want more torque though. What do you think about an aftermarket silencer. I'm still running stock. I was looking at the nature friendly PC silencer.
grump99

Post by grump99 »

I live just north of Harrisburg now, but I grew up in Wilkes Barre. I have never been to Rausch Creek, but I have heard good things about it. I think its more of a moto-cross type set-up (not really my thing).

If you like to ride in the woods, I would suggest checking out towercitytrailriders.org. Many thousands of acres of woods trails, right down the road from Rausch Creek. I have been a member for 3 years, its a nice family-oriented place. A lot of members have camp sites too if thats your sort of thing.

I am considering letting my membership lapse because we just moved into a place with enough land to do some casual riding. When I want to take a long ride, I usually go back home to Wilkes Barre and ride with my dad. Lots of good free places to ride there. :mrgreen:

Tony
OldRedd

Post by OldRedd »

Grump, where do u usually ride in the old w-b area? I usually go across the river to the old "Plymouth Flats" but I know lots of ppl go down by the river behind Kingston.