What premix does everyone use

Got questions? We got answers....
UFS207

Post by UFS207 »

Yamalube 2R here at 40:1. Last time I had the motor apart I was pretty impressed at the lack of carbon build-up and how everything was still well within tolerance even after a good 2000+ hard offroad miles. I didn't even bother to re-ring it, just cleaned the powervalves/ exhaust port and put it back together.

As a side note: Has anyone ever tried Bluemarble's 2 stroke oil? http://www.bluemarbleoil.com/. Apparently it's based on mineral oil. Supposed to burn really clean and is nearly smokeless (big plus). They make alot of snake-oil like claims but I was curious about it anyhow.
clutchcover
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by clutchcover »

32:1 is just as easy even in pint size to mix as 40:1. 4 gallons to 16oz. I run 32:1 with mobil 1 racing 2t.
97 Kdx200
Summuda goodies.... But not quite enough.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

>|<>QBB<
UFS207 wrote: Apparently it's based on mineral oil. Supposed to burn really clean and is nearly smokeless (big plus). They make alot of snake-oil like claims but I was curious about it anyhow.
Mineral based oils will only gum up your KIPS causing more frequent service intervals....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|<>QBB<
clutchcover wrote:32:1 is just as easy even in pint size to mix as 40:1. 4 gallons to 16oz. I run 32:1 with mobil 1 racing 2t.
But you only get 4 gallons

I get FIVE! :wink:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
clutchcover
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by clutchcover »

True, :partyman:
97 Kdx200
Summuda goodies.... But not quite enough.
OldRedd

Post by OldRedd »

I bought my bike new last summer and have run nothing but Castor 927 at 32:1. Smoked a lot until I rejetted. Smells good too :rolleyes:
2005 KDX220-Completely stock
1998 XR200-Supertrapp Exhaust
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Castor mixes make great power for wide open throttle applications, but WILL get gummy as all hell over time. Castor is not needed for woods work, IMO.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
OldRedd

Post by OldRedd »

Yea, Castor does make some nice spooge when I'm done riding I've noticed. However, I do ride WOT a lot when out riding with buddies, but when I'm with my dad or bro-in-law (slower trail riding), I usually just pull the clutch in and blow some smoke while in 2-3 gear. I want my top-end to last a longer time, so I guess the gummy will serve me better. I am usually a pretty aggressive rider most of the time.
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

That's more than likely jetting related. You should be able to get a clean silencer even w/ castor, but it's the crap that stays inside that's the problem....Kinda like the 2T equivilent of 'sludge.' Again, fine for a high-RPM application where you need the super-heavy-duty film strength and .5HP gain, and in this application it will burn pretty clean. The powervalve setups on MX bikes are much simpler(and not as functional), and can handle the gunk better than the intricate KIPS system. Start running a good full synthetic, and I think you'll really like it.....AND REJET! Full synthetic will stop wear better than anything as well. You are right about the smell.....Nothing smells better than castor.....You ought to smell puer castor mixed w/ alky at 12:1 :mrgreen:
OldRedd

Post by OldRedd »

Well considering I only have half a quart of castor left, I'm going to try something different after one more mix. What would you recommend? In stock 220, I just use standard Suzuki 2-stroke mix, nothing special. Then again, the 220 isn't raced or rode nearly as hard as the 200.

Anyhoo, currently jetted 155m 45p. I'm probably going to go with 152M and 42P. I want to keep it slightly rich because I want that top-end to last a 'tad bit' longer.
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Any full synthetic PREMIX ONLY oil. Mobil (whatever it's called now) from the autoparts store, Motul 800 (still running cause I bought a case of it) but when it runs out I'll switch to Amsoil Interceptor as it's yielded great results for everyone and easier to get than motul.