What's my 2001 220 worth?

Got questions? We got answers....
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

What's my 2001 220 worth?

Post by Ryan »

I may end up selling my 01 220 because i am in need of a car and money, well lets just say it is pretty tight. Just wondering what you guys think i should ask for it if i do sell it. I am trying to see if it is something i should sell or keep?

It has 99kx 125 forks
new front tire and rear tire
new top end and all new gaskets
New paint job on frame
New levers
New tusk Bark busters
New wheel bearings
New swingarm and shock bushings and bearings
Rear shock cleaned and new oil
Front forks new oil,seals,bushings and springs
Fmf Desert Pipe

Cosmetically it is a 8.5 out of 10. mechanically a 9.5 out of 10.

What do you guys think?
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Wish for 3k and be set to take 2k. :sad:
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
kawagumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kawagumby »

I paid $2200 for my 2001 in december and it had crappy plastic, and needed superficial but costly mechanical parts. If your bike was in my area at the time I would have given you 3K for it no sweat.
If you sell it, take your time, if it doesn't go first time, try again a month later...it's a matter of hooking up with someone who wants that particular kind of bike, and that takes patience.

As far as should you keep it, that's tough to answer. If you need to buy another bike in the near future you'll end up losing money. When I'm too old to ride anymore (too soon I fear), I think I'm going to enclose my KDX in a clear plastic cube and keep it forever in my back yard. :supz:
Last edited by kawagumby on 09:16 pm Mar 15 2007, edited 1 time in total.
1994 KDX200, Beta 200rr, yz125, yz250, kx100 modded for adult, gasgas contact 250.
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

You wont get more than 2500, people in our area have no money. :mrgreen:

No seriously Ryan you shouldn't sell, riding in the Adirondack mountains is awesome. You're so close.
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

part it out you will get more.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

>|<>QBB<
kawagumby wrote: . . . When I'm too old to ride anymore (too soon I fear), I think I'm going to enclose my KDX in a clear plastic cube and keep it forever in my back yard. . .
. . . and 20,000 years from now they'll find remnants of your "preserved" KDX, and someone working on their PhD will bring to light the truth to the Legend of Kawagumby :lol:
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

ok, thanks for the help. I think i may ask like $2500 for it and see how it goes from there.

I wish i didnt have to sell it but i really need the money for a car.
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Sell the Honda, get a loan.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:Sell the Honda, get a loan.
Yeah, get rid of the lawn mower
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
dave04kdx
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by dave04kdx »

Take your time and think about it hard before you sell! I bought a 1985 Kawaski GPZ 750 Turbo when I was in my early 20's. I loved that bike and rode it every day. I sold it to buy a truck and to this day I still regret getting rid of the bike. For what I got for it I would have been better off keeping it.
At age 4 success is . . not peeing in your pants.
At age 12 success is . . having friends.
At age 16 success is having a drivers license.
At age 35 success is having money.
At age 50 success is . . having money.
At age 70 success is . . . having a drivers license.
At age 75 success is . having friends.
At age 80 success is . not peeing in your pants.
it175
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by it175 »

Ryan,Here is my .02. Now is the best time of the year to sell your bike. But it is also the worst time of year to buy a car. Why?. SPRING FEVER!! :shock: It is good that you know what needs to be done about getting a car, but take your time and think about ALL your opitions before you do somthing you WILL regret later. DON"T sell your KDX.
If you ride OVER your head. You WILL land on IT!!!
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

You should sell it to one of us for a grand....That should about cover the hourly support costs involved in helping you build it. :wink:
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

>|<>QBB<
fuzzy wrote:You should sell it to one of us for a grand....That should about cover the hourly support costs involved in helping you build it. :wink:
:lol:
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

still not sure if i am going to sell or keep. If i am to sell the bike it would be now just to get the most that i can. I wont be buying a car untill the fall most likely but i dont want to not get money i could have gotten by not selling my bike. If i could buy a car without selling i would trust me, but only makeing $8.25 an hour and not wanting to take out a loan i may not have any other choice.
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
marco220
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by marco220 »

It been said before... do everything you can to keep it. Every time I've sold "toys" for various reason, I've had sellers remorse for many years.
2002 KDX 220
RB'd Carb and Head

I don't crash often... but when I do, I'm going for style points!
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

so if i was offered say $2000 do you guys think that would be a fair price? thanks

now as i think about it, it is gonna be hard to sell. I am going to seriously think about what my plans are as far as the summer and next year. I nkow after this summer i will be off to college so i wont have alot of time to ride untill i am out at least 4 years later. And right now i really need to start getting my money together for a car. After selling my bike, adding the money in the bank and the money i will get for my car i have right now, i will only be up to around $5500, which is not enough for a car that is going to last me through college.
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
remington0404

Post by remington0404 »

if your gonna sell it..... wanna sell your front end for money plus a stock front end?
Rick
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rick »

Keep the bike, take the money you have, and buy a couple of beaters to drive. One at a time of course! I sold one of my bikes in 91 for insurance money for my truck. I wish i found another job or somthing to pay for it. Big mistake. I guess it all boils down to how much you like riding. I know times get tough, but there is always a solution if your willing to work for it. Good Luck!
Yes, they really do let me drive the Train!
1991 KDX 250 $Sold but not forgotten....
1996 Suzuki DR 350 $Sold!
2002 Honda CR 250 worth more than my house at this point........ :-)
2004 DR 650se Road Warrior
2002 DL1000 V-STROM
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

You should think about that Ryan.... the KX frontend probably won't add any value to your bike monetarily...... :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

>|<>QBB<
Ryan wrote:so if i was offered say $2000 do you guys think that would be a fair price? thanks

now as i think about it, it is gonna be hard to sell. I am going to seriously think about what my plans are as far as the summer and next year. I nkow after this summer i will be off to college so i wont have alot of time to ride untill i am out at least 4 years later. And right now i really need to start getting my money together for a car. After selling my bike, adding the money in the bank and the money i will get for my car i have right now, i will only be up to around $5500, which is not enough for a car that is going to last me through college.
Not sure where you're going to College...However, I had a $2000 beater Chevy truck that lasted me all four years. Wish I would have had a bike too. One of my room mates had a street legal XL500. We drove the crap out of that thing and my truck offroad on the weekends.

One of my HS buddies moved up with us the next year. He bought a $300 toyota corolla. We put a $50 starter and a new battery in it. Thing ran great for the three years until he graduated. He sold it to our neighbor after graduation for $400. The thing was still running and being used by her son 4 years later. :mrgreen:

Another buddy who lived in our complex bought an $800 Land Crusier. He joined us on our offroad adventures. We tried and tried to get that thing stuck. Never happened. Lasted all 4 years also. He drove it home from Flagstaff to Sierra Vista pulling a U haul. Sold it a few years later for $800...still running strong.

I could go on and on...we were poor college students after all. :wink:
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC