Carb holder and airbox boot diameter

Got questions? We got answers....
bpi

Carb holder and airbox boot diameter

Post by bpi »

Gday guy's just after some help. I need to find out the Diameter of the carb holder (where the carb fits in) and the diameter of the airbox boot where it connects to the carb.To suit a 89 to 93 KDX 200, the reason i ask is im looking on doing a carb upgrade on my 90 model SR version ( the 28 mm carb is a little restrictive on a 240 kit :wink: ) My intention is to source the boot and holder from a non SR model. Any help would be appreiciated,
Cheers Ben
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

I'm not much help here aside from saying i'd just look for a non-SR airbox and carby like your already doing. But i'm curious about your 240 big bore. Are your kips functional? Any chance of some pictures?
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Is the 28 a small body PWK? If so...wouldn't the reed boot (downstream side) and air boot (upstream side) be the same?

Ron knows the answer to this. If he doesn't chime in...we'll ask him!

KayD prolly knows all about it too, he being frum Austrailia and all....although HE has a REAL KDX (an SR 'H' model!! :wink: )

(sic)

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
RBD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RBD »

On the 28 mm PWK carb the engine side spigot size is 35 mm and the air horn is 49 mm. The over all length is 83 mm.

On the 35 mm PWK carb the engine side spigot size is 42 mm and the air horn is 59 mm. The over all length is 91 mm.

Ron
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Well...th'ar 'ya go!!

Information is power, 'eh?

Thanks for the facts Mr. Black!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
bpi

Post by bpi »

Thanks a heap guys, thats exactly what i needed to know. Looks like i'll be looking for non sr bits and peices then. Morie, ive only recently bought this bike and i havent taken it out riding yet. I bought it with the top end stripped down and didnt realise it was a 240 until i started inspecting the barrel and piston. Yes it still has fully functional KIPS, ive just replaced the LH and RH valves. Because the sleeve has been rebored oversize ( not the standard 240 kit 72mm ) my machinest had to cutom mod a wieseco piston, as wieseco dont offer a 1 up or 2 up oversize piston to suit there 240 kit. Someone preiviously has done some porting and ive removed th baffle/perferated mesh from the factory expansion chamber. Cant wait to get a decent carb on and sought out the jetting. My last KDX was a 91 SR model and it was a great bike cant wait to see how the 240 compares. I can take some pics over the weekend but im not sure how to put them up on here. Any advice? Once again thanks a heap,
Cheers Ben :grin: