What do you all think? (long)

Got questions? We got answers....
Bailey28

What do you all think? (long)

Post by Bailey28 »

In 2001, I bought a DRZ400S for the street and dirt. The more I modded my DRZ for the dirt, the more I realized that I wanted a dirt bike and that the stock non adjustable suspension sucked, so i sold the DRZ in 2005 and in the long run, got a KDX200, which I love.

I have owned a 2000 ZRX 1100 for the past 6 years, and have enjoyed it on the street. I even owned it while I owned the DRZ. I have commented in the past with "Gee, even though the ZRX is fast, I enjoy the DRZ more overall, as on the street it is fun to flick around, wheelie, and generally act as a hooligan on.

This past week, a good riding buddy of mine (dirt) has said that he needed to get rid of a bike or two due to a move coming up. He has a 2005 DRZ with the better suspension on it, full list of add on goodies, and the bike is in perfect shape. He and I agreed on a straight up trade, the DRZ for the ZRX. I will make the DRZ a motard for the street and keep the KDX for the dirt. I just seem to have more fun on the dirt bikes. I don't do long rides, or really take the bike that far out of town. He has a Ducati 996 which he takes to the track, and it is a pain to ride around town on.

My wife thinks I'm nuts, as her only reason for bamping the trade is because I will be in the garage more with the "new" bike modding it for what I want. I already know the ins and outs of the DRZ, and they are bullet proof. All bikes are bought and paid for, so trading, titles and the like are no big deal.

Anyway, did you ever get rid of something then want it back? I miss the old DRZ, modded and all,

KBB has the bikes listed within $50 of each other for resale value..
FAZ
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

do it ! no wait, no! DO IT!!!! if you drop the DRZ you just pick it up and keep going drop the ZRX and drop the resale value.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.