A little bit
25%
Nothing noticable
No votes

Total votes: 8

motofox2006

Boyesen reeds ride feedback

Post by motofox2006 »

I took my 1991 kdx out today after putting boyesen reeds in it. I didnt note much bottom end or power increase at all, could this be because of bad jetting or dirty kips, or do they not do make much difference at all am I supposed to be able snap the front wheel in third gear as opposed to second or not? Anyone know

Some people say the difference is like night and day between stock and boyesen but I dont really know about that.
E series 91 KDX
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

I wouldn't say that it improved things to the point of "wheelies in third gear" (where did you hear that BTW?) but it was definately a noticeable change in throttle response. More of a power-delivered-more-quickly effect.

But you're on the right path with jetting - learn everything you can and just do it!!
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

What do you currently have for gearing and jetting motofox? Temp and altitude?
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Definately had a substantial gain on my bike

With great pull off the bottom

Then when I fitted the VF2 on it was like night and day again! :supz:

I can easily pull a gear higher, find myself in 3rd or 4th when I thought I was in 2nd or 3rd
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
motofox2006

Post by motofox2006 »

>|<>QBB<
m0rie wrote:What do you currently have for gearing and jetting motofox? Temp and altitude?
My gearing is 13/50 my bike runs an fmf pipe, boyesen reeds, modified airbox lid, and the jetting is a 1172n needle, 45 pilot, 158 main, my altitude is mostly sea level up to 44 metres, and the temp is 59 degree fahrenheit to 79 degrees.

I do find mid to top pulls fairly well in my bike, but no better than before, I really was hoping these reeds would give me more botom end grunt.
E series 91 KDX
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

too rich. Jet for the reeds.
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

How's your topend?

If the reeds did not do much, something's amiss somewhere

Is this on a 200? I did not find your bike in here : http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewforu ... =0&start=0

If it is a 200 your jetting is a little odd, you are up 3 sizes over stock on the main and down one size on the pilot
Last edited by Mr. Wibbens on 01:59 pm Mar 04 2007, edited 1 time in total.
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

That main is a little fat....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

just a little :shock:
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Error on the side of caution! :grin:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
motofox2006

Post by motofox2006 »

Thats funny I know my main is a bit high but I ride sandy conditions and my top has got plenty of grunt no better than before but it has plenty isnt the pilot the on which may affect throttle response I do find I have to change down alot to get up hills
My air screw is 1 turn out at highest idle isnt that correct.
it is a 200
E series 91 KDX