Steahly FWW

Got questions? We got answers....
jowens66

Steahly FWW

Post by jowens66 »

Got it in from rockymountainatv.com, put it on my bike thursday night. Super easy installation. Could tell a big difference in the power transition and could really tell it helped with the stalling problem commonly associated with braking while going downhill. I suggest it to anyone wanting to calm down the hit of a bike or wanting to keep stalling to a minumum.
tim
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by tim »

What size did you install?
06 200H

GALLERY!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Wait til you stall the motor and pull in the clutch and it refires! :supz:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
jowens66

Post by jowens66 »

Tim:
I installed a ten ounce i believe. I think it is the only model available from Steahly. Worked really well, and installation was extremely easy. If you get one, i would suggest getting the Steahly tool that stops the piston from moving, its only like 3 bucks extra. I opted to go without it, and installation was still very easy, but would have been even better with the tool.

Mr. Wibbens:
Rode all day on Friday, didn't have that to happen yet. Can't wait till it does though. Kinda like magic, lol.
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

How much of the "hit" does it take out? I kinda' like that 2-stroke hit . . .
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Does not effect the hit that much, especially with your new carby, probably have a cek in it now I presume?
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
jowens66

Post by jowens66 »

Well you are riding a 220, but you do have the carb and head mod done and a pipe i would guess. I had a 2002 Kdx 220 bone stock and it had virtually no hit, i loved the bike, but it got stolen. I bought my brothers 96 200 from him, and wanted to make the power transition a bit smoother like the 220's was, the Steahly got me really close to what the 220 was, but still had enough hit. It was just what i was looking for. I'm in the process of putting KX USD forks on my bike and then ill be sending the carb and head off to get them modded. When i send my head off, is it required to rebuild the top end? My bike is a 96 and still has the factory piston in it :shock: , so i believe it would be time for a rebuild, but have no idea how to put a new piston in.
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

If I can do a top end, anybody can

Now for doing the fork swap I wouldn't know here to start or have a clue :?
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
jowens66

Post by jowens66 »

I also need to learn how to jet a bike correctly. I am hoping Mr. Black can help me out with that when i send him my carb and hopefully he will have it close to correct when he sends it back to me. :mrgreen:

The top end doesn't look too difficult, and im positive my bike needs a rebuild because it has very low compression and it is 11 years old.
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

>|<>QBB<
Mr. Wibbens wrote:Does not effect the hit that much, especially with your new carby, probably have a cek in it now I presume?
Yes, a CEK, and I absolutely adore that BOOM! I get it everywhere, too . . .

oops, sorry for the thread hijack (couldn't help it!)
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Hint on the Steahly FWW removal parts: Replace the bolts that thread into the FWW. Buy some that have a shoulder (unthreaded) on them. That may mean buying bolts that are too long and cutting them down. Make sure the length is correct! Lots of damage coming your way if you don't.

..this is assuming Chuck has not replaced the 'all thread' bolts he used to use. Maybe he has.......in which case.......

...never mind!

Re: 'When i send my head off, is it required to rebuild the top end?'

No. As good a time as any...but no reason you HAVE to.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
jowens66

Post by jowens66 »

Thanks for the tip CC, ill check those bolts to see if chuck has replaced them.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Will cost you $.50 to fix it if not.

The 'all thread' (threaded all the way to the bolt head) fits too loose in the removal tool. If you use an impact to remove the FWW, it will eat those bolts in short order....

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!