Toluene?? Performance

Got questions? We got answers....
motofox2006

Toluene?? Performance

Post by motofox2006 »

Ive noticed there are not enough threads on toluene on this sight.
Does anyone here run their bike on toluene.

And does anyone know if I can run my bike on toluene,
My bike is a 1991 kdx200 with fmf expansion, modified airbox, boyesen reeds. Other than that it is fairly stock.

If I can any details on how much to use and where I can get toluene from, and whether I need to change my jetting, or if it will even be of benefit, or whether it will damage the engine.

Sorry about the amount oof questions im saying to much but any help would be appreciated thanks.
Last edited by motofox2006 on 01:58 pm Apr 16 2007, edited 1 time in total.
E series 91 KDX
gtoron

Post by gtoron »

I have never added toluene to my bike or anything else but I have read threads on it. I don't think you will hurt anything by adding a small amount to the gas.

It might affect jetting. I don't know what you are looking for by adding this, but I assume extra power but I would not expect any big power boost. You should be able to get it in Home depot or Ace hardware.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

There are several threads on tolulene on this site and several people run from 5% to 10% added to pump gas. Gives much better performance over pump.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
motofox2006

Post by motofox2006 »

Does it affect jetting does anyone know
E series 91 KDX
motofox2006

Post by motofox2006 »

And I jus put boyesen reeds in my bike is it bad for these cause it says in the instructions if you you use alcohol or methanol fuels to contact them for specific application
E series 91 KDX
DMrides220

Post by DMrides220 »

What if you add it to 100LL avgas?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I don't believe Toluene contains any Alcohol or Methanol... So what's the problem?
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|<>QBB<[quote="motofox2006"]And I jus put boyesen reeds in my bike is it bad for these cause it says in the instructions if you you use alcohol or methanol fuels to contact them for specific application[/quot]

I believe Toluene is one of the key components in all gasolines, you are just adding more. I run 32oz to a 5 gallon jug of premixed fuel

Home improvement stores like Lowes and Ace Hardware should carry it, but it's probably cheaper to get it at a paint store

My bike seems to have a little more spooge since I started using Toluene, but it runs friggen awesome and has amazing pull from down low
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
GS

Post by GS »

" What if you add it to 100LL avgas? "

Well, 100LL has a lot of lead...

"AvGas 100LL is limited to 0.56 grams of lead per litre. “LL” stands for ‘low lead’. (While this level of lead is only half that of AvGas 100 / 130, it is still twice the lead content of leaded automotive gasoline in the 1980’s."

The octane is pretty high, but do you need that in a KDX?

Guess the question that comes to mind is what does the Toluene actually do? Please don't just say "it makes me feel faster" I already know that :roll:

Any Body?
Greg[/i]
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Well somebody go find Mr Weezurd (carvr)

I'm sure he'll tell you what it does and then some :roll:

Have you checked out this thread: http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopi ... ht=toluene
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Better throttle response...Just like race gas, but a lot cheaper and generally lower octane so it will maintain the peak power level(too high of an octane will actually decrease top-end power).
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
saddletramp
Supporting Member

Post by saddletramp »

Alot cheaper? Like how much cheaper, I just paid $20 + sales tax for VP C-12, 2.5 gallons or $8 a gallon. Mix that with premium pump say, 2.5 gallons at 2.5 per thats pushing $11 a gallon without the pre-mix oil :cry: . I know the C-12 is 108 octane mixed with 92 octane would be around 100. Yes, it seems to run stronger and it smells way better than regular pump that usually gives me a head ache when I have to handle it.
How much is Toulene and is it as good or better than race gas?
Edit- I guess that works out to about $5 not $11 a gallon, that seems more reasonable.
Last edited by saddletramp on 08:10 pm Mar 02 2007, edited 1 time in total.
2000 KDX 200 97 KX 125 Front End
1996 CR 250
03 RM 65 2000 YZ 80
strider80
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by strider80 »

2005 KTM 250EXC
2000 KDX200 (gone)
DMrides220

Post by DMrides220 »

So can you use toluene with 100LL or would that be pointless? I know that all of my bikes are jetted for 100LL and they run much better on it than pump gas. Especially my 2 strokes. I can't imagine this toluene could make it any better but always looking for more!
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

>|<>QBB<
saddletramp wrote:Alot cheaper? Like how much cheaper, I just paid $20 + sales tax for VP C-12, 2.5 gallons or $8 a gallon. Mix that with premium pump say, 2.5 gallons at 2.5 per thats pushing $11 a gallon without the pre-mix oil :cry: . I know the C-12 is 108 octane mixed with 92 octane would be around 100. Yes, it seems to run stronger and it smells way better than regular pump that usually gives me a head ache when I have to handle it.
How much is Toulene and is it as good or better than race gas?
Edit- I guess that works out to about $5 not $11 a gallon, that seems more reasonable.

I was just ready to correct your math and see you did already. I used C12 mix with premium pump. Main advantage is that you can get the jetting much more consistant. You get exactly the same fuel every time with C12. With the pump, who the hell knows what you are getting from one fill-up to the next. I had my jetting as perfect as it gets and it makes a huge difference in performance with my bike. Well worth the money. I bet CC says the same about his blend.
Things to consider with a fuel; what temp. it takes to vaporize and ignite for example. Google and read. You will see why it's used. A cheap performance enhancer I say. Also less fouling and my S/A stayed cleaner longer. Take a clean white paper towel. Douse with C12 and do the same with pump gas on a second towel. let air dry. Look at each towel. The C12 will be completely clean and have zero odor on it. You could re-use that towel. I say that would indicate the fuel vaporizes completely and leaves no residue. Even in a carb and left all winter.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
RBD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RBD »

4 gal a/v LL100
1 gal toluene
28 oz kerosine K1
plus your normal premix oil @ the ratio you normal use

Ron :shock:
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Whats the kero for Ron?
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Jet fuel!
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

K1 as opposed to K2!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

We only have Kerosene, what is the difference between K1 and K2 etc ?? Something about sulpher content. :? Will plain ol Kerosene work ?? Cheers, Trev... :partyman:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."