Needle/Slide/Clip help

Got questions? We got answers....
K D

Post by K D »

>|<>QBB<
canyncarvr wrote:Re: 'So...what clip number are you on now?'

..and the clip NUMBER is..... what?

It is a specific question for a specific purpose asked for a specific reason.

You are familiar with needle configuration and, say, what the differences are between the needles you listed and the one in your bike now?
Twice you ask what clip number are you on, and then go off about the proper use and understanding of the english language. Maybe if you asked your question differently ie, So what position is your needle clip in now. Maybe you would have gotten the answer you were looking for.
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

Haha, tellin' CC what's what on his first post! Cool! I too thought it was a stupid question.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Sorry to be speaking abstrusities to the plebes, buddy.

The question was asked for a specific reason. Oh...I said that already.

The type of response and its phrasing would have..did...tell me exactly what was known and what was not. I did not ASK the question with no connotation.

I knew exactly what the answer was before I asked the question, professor. The correct answer that is. The answer I GOT only confirmed what I also already knew to be true..that there was NO understanding of the subject.

Stupid is as stupid does. :wink:

You're welcome.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

I guess you were trying to teach me that "first groove from the top" meant 1.

As in 152/42/CEK3 as compared to CEK 3rd groove. All set here.
K D

Post by K D »

>|<>QBB<
canyncarvr wrote:Sorry to be speaking abstrusities to the plebes, buddy.

The question was asked for a specific reason. Oh...I said that already.

The type of response and its phrasing would have..did...tell me exactly what was known and what was not. I did not ASK the question with no connotation.

I knew exactly what the answer was before I asked the question, professor. The correct answer that is. The answer I GOT only confirmed what I also already knew to be true..that there was NO understanding of the subject.

Stupid is as stupid does. :wink:

You're welcome.
So you ask questions that you already know the answer too in a way that confuses people so that you can talk down to them. :supz:

Oh BTW I knew the position of clip by his forth post you know the one where he said the clip is in the first groove from the top. :wink:
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Re: 'So you ask questions that you already know the answer too in a way that confuses people so that you can talk down to them.'

No...........

Athough..in an effort to talk down to you, please allow a couple of definitions:

To: used as a function word to indicate movement or an action or condition suggestive of movement toward a place, person, or thing reached <drove to the city> <went back to the original idea> <went to lunch>

Too: to an excessive degree : EXCESSIVELY <too large a house for us> b : to such a degree as to be regrettable <this time he has gone too far> c : VERY <didn't seem too interested>

That you don't understand the intent or purpose of a teaching/learning tool is so far beyond my capacity to care that I consider it mattering not a whit. :supz:

For your edification and enjoyment, please consider the terms the like of 'clip-1', 'clip-2' to be commonly used to impart which clip postion THE clip (only one, even) is placed in. That is because persons with common knowledge (excuse your exceptance (malapropism) in the matter) understand the clip numbering scheme.

I've read '..first clip from the top..' when the meaning was the 5th (or 6th depending on the needle) clip postion. The words 'top' and 'bottom' regarding clip position have been backwards more than once. But..had you actually bothered to read what was written, you would know that already.

Where the confusion is evident is in the existence of that misunderstanding. That you are crystal clear in all of it:
Oh BTW I knew the position of clip by his forth post you know the one where he said the clip is in the first groove from the top.
is something you can be exceedingly proud of!

While I generally refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person, THIS has been too enjoyable.

Consider the source

K D

Post by K D »

Wow I guess I've been schooled, thanks teach. :lol:
Rick
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rick »

Hey KD. Ever heard of the cold hard facts? We all know around here, that CC is a royal ,,,,,, Nice guy. Yeah, hes gonna be honest, and tell you like it is. You gotta learn to not be so offended by it. He is a pain in the A$$, :lol: But a very, very knowledgeable one. If it bothers you, ignore the Smart A$$ remarks, and get the info. If that doesn't work, well, your SOL! Relax, and have fun on this site. Were all here to help, and have a good time. :grin:
Yes, they really do let me drive the Train!
1991 KDX 250 $Sold but not forgotten....
1996 Suzuki DR 350 $Sold!
2002 Honda CR 250 worth more than my house at this point........ :-)
2004 DR 650se Road Warrior
2002 DL1000 V-STROM
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

KD smells like a DRN Troll to me :razz:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Re: ',,,,,,'

I know 'pain in the butt' when I see it! :wink:

Thank you! I will continue to do my best to resemble the...well...'cold hard facts'.

Cheers!

Consider the source

K D

Post by K D »

Hey. Rick I know the facts and I see some of you do also, I was never offended and I never questioned the Royal CC's knowledge did I? If I bother you then ignore me, Its all in fun right. :razz:

2001kdx sorry for hijacking your thread I'll be quiet now. (for awhile anyway) :lol:
Rick
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rick »

We all coooooooool man! :grin:
Yes, they really do let me drive the Train!
1991 KDX 250 $Sold but not forgotten....
1996 Suzuki DR 350 $Sold!
2002 Honda CR 250 worth more than my house at this point........ :-)
2004 DR 650se Road Warrior
2002 DL1000 V-STROM