Got questions? We got answers....
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

You got it Jason!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
cicone

Post by cicone »

Jason wrote:I have just guessed. The proper tool is available from Motion Pro. Let me find it, and I will post some info.

EDIT: This is it:

http://www.motionpro.com/Docs/convtools_2.html

Scroll down to Torque Wrench Adapter.
That's the deal! Too bad it's a 12 point. :-(
motorider200

Post by motorider200 »

Indawoods wrote:My old one is a good candidate for a EG225!
Do it!! :twisted:
97 KDX200(225)- mine
01 KDX220- brothers
97 XR400- dads
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

http://www.kevinscycleracing.com/

Click on tools... $16.95 for the torque wrench adaptor!

He has all the goodies!
Last edited by Indawoods on 06:34 pm Feb 28 2005, edited 1 time in total.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

motorider200 wrote:
Indawoods wrote:My old one is a good candidate for a EG225!
Do it!! :twisted:
Gonna for next year... $425 is toooooo hard to swallow right now! :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

motorider200

Post by motorider200 »

I know what you mean Inda I'm a poor college student. :cry:
97 KDX200(225)- mine
01 KDX220- brothers
97 XR400- dads
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

CC....That's good info on the cyl stamping...Did not know that.

Inda, That's cool that they were able to measure that for you!! As mentioned, no bike shop ever could...Hence these damn letters. Wow..."F" size. Good thing Pro-X makes one!

Still the difference between A and F is .05mm, which is 0.001969" by my handy little converter...A human hair is approx .007-.009"! Don't think a std/A would've hurt you a bit, but since you could actually get the thing measured you can actually get the absoletely correct piston. And now you know your actual bore, which is not something any of us are going to find out anytime soon.

I wonder how many top-ends that jug has had before you got it? That would give a good indication of how much the plating actually wears between rebuilds. Again, according to 'factory' maintainance(coupled w/ what CC said) the cyl should've been through B,C,D,and E before you got it....But who knows...

Here's the real bitch. When you wear out that "F" there is no "G" to go to so your going to have to live w/ that .001" too much clearance. :shock: :mrgreen:
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Next step is a bore to .025 oversize then .050 oversize. See... the "F" is not really oversize in the true sense of the word. It is what they say in tolerance. Pro-X just let's you get that anal! :lol:

Anyway... I think next year I will EG225 my old jug and just get this one replated. But all that is next year..... :eek:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Sweet....If you're going to the 225, I'd run your 'spare' 200cyl w/ an "F" in it until the plating actually wears through. :lol:
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I'm gonna! :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Speaking of which, I think the WR is already there. I need to get that thing replated before this season. I'm thinking std bore port job/replate from EG...I still have one of those new "D" sized $15 ebay pistons :mrgreen:
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Well guys... I made Pro-X change their sites info on the KDX pistons! :lol: I told them that it was very confusing and the (size*) designation wasn't clear as to if it meant piston size or bore size. So.... now when you get the popup for the KDX piston oversizes.... It discloses if it means piston size or bore size. Also, the .01 increments are for nikasil cylinders and the .25 and .50 are for cast. I hope this makes sense to you guys... It took like 5 emails to get them to understand what I was trying to say. After all... they are Netherlandies??? :razz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Say huh? What does "asc" mean?

...off to Nether, Netherland
don't forget your piston, my son
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128