funday mx

Got questions? We got answers....
alistair

funday mx

Post by alistair »

hay

im entering a funday mx race on my trusty 200, any way i was just wondering should i just add a couple of click to the compression?
every thing is stock suspension wise,( i mean everything i haven't touched any of the rebound or comp clickers)

it should be interesting cause i havent ridden on a track in about 1 and a half years....and i couldn't jump any of the jumps probaly back then so i got a learn quick.
im raceing in the novice 85cc and up class so i guesss that means 450s aswell :shock: ohwell i gota start somewhere.
06 kdx 200 - mine
06 kdx 200 - dads

my gallery http://kdxrider.net/forums/modules.php? ... _album.php
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

You better go out and practice some jumps (and/or the track) before riding even a funday MX race.

If you are anything like the majority of us you will get a surge of adrenaline when the gate drops. If someone with similar ability is within 30 feet of you the race will be "ON" regardless of what you told the wife or girl friend.

It will not matter that you are in next to last position or middle of the pack or that you promised that you were just going to roll the track and did not care if you came in last. Don't ask me how I know.
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

How do you know? :lol:
alistair

Post by alistair »

im 15 i dont have a wife or girk friend yet...
06 kdx 200 - mine
06 kdx 200 - dads

Rick
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rick »

15!!!!!! Dont worry about it then! BTTW if ya know what that means........ :supz:
Yes, they really do let me drive the Train!
1991 KDX 250 $Sold but not forgotten....
1996 Suzuki DR 350 $Sold!
2002 Honda CR 250 worth more than my house at this point........ :-)
2004 DR 650se Road Warrior
2002 DL1000 V-STROM
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

Alistair - Well seeing that your 15 then - just wait for the gate to drop and then PIN WOT until the end of the fun run. Provided you don't shift out of first you'll be fine!! :lol: :lol:

While you may not have a GF yet - you still need to practice getting around the track and over the jumps. Nobody can really say how much compression and/or rebound you need to dial in on the bike until you ride it over similar conditions to what you will experience on the track and give us some feedback.

FWIW - I found out decades ago I suck at MX !! :oops:
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
alistair

Post by alistair »

IC thanks for the help,hopefully its more of a grass track type thing but well see.as long as i beat my dad im good :grin:
06 kdx 200 - mine
06 kdx 200 - dads

luke347

Post by luke347 »

Dont be thinking your gonna be doing anything close to what the guys with the real mxers are doing IE doubles table tops or anything like that.
I got my kdx out on a real MX course and what do you know you can barely jump this thing and if you try and push the limit with the kdx its gonna either push back, hurt you things like that. and dont think that you'll never be good at mx or be discouraged to try races but later that day when a friend put me on a 06 yz 250 I was doing a hell of a lot better not clearing the 60 ft tables but going probably twice the speed of the kdx and not hurting the bike on landings. look at it this way I couldnt even get half way across on a 20 ft table top with the kdx and 20 minutes later with 20 minutes of practice i was clearing that table top with the yz.
Im 14 and just passing on the already known fact a kdx wasnt ever ment to be raced on an mx course. oh yea you will have fun no matter what as long as you beat your dad :supz:
alistair

Post by alistair »

the race was today it wasn't a mx track, it was just a track marked out on the side of a hill and a bit of flat ground. it was really tight. there weren't many people there so it was two classes, kids and adults.i bet my dad so its allgud..
06 kdx 200 - mine
06 kdx 200 - dads

2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

Good job. Good to see some younger guys here, alistair, luke and I'm willing to bet kdx for life is pretty young. I'm 15 also! Sweet! I weigh 220 geared and I did quite well at the mx track w/ stock suspenders. Just couldn't do the whoops! Hate those whoops!

RE: "im 15 i dont have a wife or girk friend yet" How is this relevant?
Your 15 and you still don't have a wife?
alistair

Post by alistair »

>|<>QBB<
2001kdx wrote: RE: "im 15 i dont have a wife or girk friend yet" How is this relevant?
Your 15 and you still don't have a wife?
that was replying to IdahoCharleys post about trying to be competitive, even tho you told you wife or GF you were only going to have fun...

make sense?
06 kdx 200 - mine
06 kdx 200 - dads